Old bans wiped
I'm not here to debase Soul or any of the staff. I am a little saddened by the disregard of so many bans that were there for wholly legitimate reasons.

To be honest this isn't my fight. I'm just finding it hard seeing his. I'll liken it to a master painter seeing his work ablaze after his death. Yes I'm not an admin here anymore nor will it matter to me but its kinda sad to see that all the literal thousands of hours of work I put in has been wiped.

Edit: bans from my tenure as staff here haven't been wiped apparently but my point stands for the other staff who were here longer

Again, not here to start a fire, I just still care enough about FL to want to input my opinion

But hey, I have 0 bans now so Wink
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 2 users Like Barkles's post:
  • James_Gaff, Benporium
You know the bans page's search function isn't working right?
Plz reset ma' blacklists Sad
Soul > Admins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X6VoFBCE9k
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The following 2 users Like mgdwszx's post:
  • GRiiM, Evanswachtz
(08-06-2015, 09:08 PM)Devin Wrote: Soul > Admins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X6VoFBCE9k

Errr... Ok.
[Image: KyhzLMb.png]
Credits to Rain.

i dont entirely understand why administrators care so much about these old bans? Sure, some permanent banned players should still be perm'ed but it is not like your life work has thrown away.

Because of you veterans we had an enjoyable time on the server, you made sure that everything went smoothly and rulebreakers got dealt with, so no, your effort wasnt wasted and i believe it still isnt now the history has been deleted.

I noticed one phrase a lot on the forums of the other community:
"Its time to look forward, forget about the past."
FL is merely doing the same, although it is on a bigger scale.

I understand it sounds rushed, but dont be so dismissive of this idea yet.
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Imperator, Grunt
Is it childish to state an opinion on a major change in the community I spent so many years and thousands of hours at? Once again, though politely, you attempt to silence me and my peers. If your actions are perfectly valid, then you should have no issue with people posting their own opinion on the matter.

While administration is not solely about banning players, true, it is a vital part of their work. Thousands of joint hours have been spent administrating the servers, which has resulted in tens of thousands of bans, and that doesn't include the countless hours spent having team discussions regarding bans. I also note the slight jab at our community, there.

I've already spoken with you about how you feel that the old bans were unfair, but I must disagree. We handled bans on a contextual basis, and there are far too many variables in each situation to simply assign a guideline and set hours/days to each situation. That in itself may result in unfair bans. I also find it interesting that you comment on inconsistency, and yet you yourself have shown some. Must I note the time where you commented only "Ok n*ggas" on the admin discussion thread about the racism rule, and then claimed to the public afterwards that you had nothing to do with the decision and that it was against your wishes? I believe that this was a mistake, but again, it is yours to make. I only hope that it works out for the best of the community.

The gamemode is not solely yours, no matter what you may claim. While it's true that you have done a lot of work on the gamemode, so have many other people. It's based off another gamemode, and several developers have put in thousands of hours of work in developing it for the community. While you've done other work, for example on the nice new forum theme, the vast majority of work in the past year was by other developers.

The systems that were removed were not implemented by you in any way. We've even left you some of the ones we added. However, as many of the systems were custom-made or at least heavily modified, it was considered to by mine and Burnett's work.

We have not done anything to your FastDL server to the best of my knowledge; I do not own it, and if someone like Temar did, then it's his server, legally.

I have not deleted your workshop files. I have deleted my own test files, and simply renamed my workshop files. I also sent you the workshop files approximately 12 hours before our servers went offline and they were renamed (not deleted); that should have been plenty of time to implement them.

If anyone has further questions, I'd be very happy to answer them. However I won't continue to comment on what I have already spoken about. I've made my point, and I only hope that people actually read both arguments and form their own decision, whether they be from our community or FL, rather than simply attempt to silence people.
The following 7 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Benporium, Noble, Decay, GRiiM, Brax, Enzyme, GeorgeTheBoy
(08-06-2015, 09:01 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Although it's your opinion, I find it a little childish that you have to respond this way. I've tolerated the blatent copy of the gamemode, the removal of several systems, my FastDL server suddenly gone, my workshop files deleted. Could you just focus on your own community? Thank you.

Blatant copy? You agreed on it in Teamspeak and you're not the owner of it either. You might've spent time on it, yet Temar and all the other devs/contributers put tons shits of work into it.
You also agreed on the removal of our protection systems, so i don't see how that is relevant.

Can you just focus on the truth? Thank you.
The following 3 users Like Burnett's post:
  • GRiiM, Wild_Dorito, GeorgeTheBoy
Guys lets stay on topic, last thing we need is a war between those communities.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • James_Gaff
50,000 bans + as Adman stated.... Yes it can be a mixed opinion subject yet I think you did it for a bigger player-base. This is my opinion, if you didn't fair enough but if you did then this is just pathetic.
The following 1 user Likes Blurr's post:
  • GRiiM