Old bans wiped
I've generally avoided commenting on the recent decisions made here as I'm no longer part of the community, and I don't wish to start drama. I'm also well aware that nearly anything I post here would, in all likelihood, be immediately dismissed by the higher staff and loyal FL players (and it's good to see that some remain - I always loved the community itself) in an attempt to debase my message. I have to say that I find that immature; rather than supporting the premise of your own argument, you instead attempt to degrade the other's argument or opinion. It's practically ad hominem; you attack the premise of the other's argument rather than support your own. In my view, players from FL are more than welcome to post on our server, just as players from our server should be free to post on FL.

That said, I direct my words here not towards the administration team or even to Soul himself as a person, but to your recent actions in removing all of the bans. I think that it's a terrible idea, and I wouldn't be surprised if the purpose of it was not some form of justice, but was rather an attempt to increase your own player-base by inviting all of the perma-banned players to your servers. Logically, this makes little sense unless you're willing to risk greatly decreasing the quality of your servers simply for a greater quantity of players; they were perma-banned for a reason. Soul, this contrasts with what you told me once before, that you liked the quality of role-play on the servers and preferred it to quantity. Here, it's very clear that this is not the case.

Not only that, but removing all of the bans has removed 6-7 years of hard work by multiple different administration teams. One might try to claim that "these bans were unfair", but can you really say with certainty that all of the perma-banned players you've just unbanned were banned unjustly, simply because we didn't have a guideline that stated "RDM - 2 days, CDM - 1 day" etc., which was because every case should be handled, at least in my opinion, on a case-by-case basis. That is how a court works, and that's how administration should work, in my view.

Removing the work of these admins only goes to further heighten tensions between our two communities, and will also be a major blow to all of the other veterans. You've proven to everybody that you do not value the work that administrators do, because you are willing to remove quite literally all of their work, simply in an attempt to increase your player-count. It's clear to me that you consider my work as an administrator to be worthless, as you had no issue with removing hundreds of my bans, which I can assure you, were as fair as I could manage.

You've also proven to not only your server, but to the entire gmod community, that the new FL does not value the quality of role-play on its servers over its player-count, and therefore you do not show much respect for the existing good role-players on your servers; they will now have to put up with several old banned players, thousands of whom were here merely to minge and disrupt role-play. Thousands of minges will return to harm role-play, and you have enabled that.

I'd be intrigued to know, though you'll likely not reveal this, how many admins supported this action. I've spoken to a member of your team and was told that they were not given a chance to speak up on this, that this decision was handled in only 9 hours (a very short time for such a massive decision) when they were asleep. The old team used to spend days on some decisions, weeks on huge ones; why was this handled so quickly and with so little chance for everyone to give their input? The same staff member told me that he/she did not support the decision either, and that they had protested other recent actions. I hope that you listen to the rest of the team more than you do to this individual, because communication is vital to the health of a good administration team, and is the main reason I left FL in the first place.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. While I understand that some of the members/staff here may not be happy at the content at my post, I'd appreciate that rather than resort to ad hominem and question why members of the new community are commenting here in the first place, you instead read through my argument and confront the argument itself, if you're so inclined. I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

This all said, I wish your community all the best, though with this latest action, I fear that the old community I loved may be in for some harsh times.
Don't you have a forum of your own to post negative comments on? If you left, why even care to come back here being negative towards the decisions of the Fearless Staff? Makes no sense to me.
[Image: KyhzLMb.png]
Credits to Rain.

The following 1 user Likes Imperator's post:
  • Demonic
Everybody has a right to their own opinion, whether they are in this community currently or not.
They have been in the community and care for the community, they are more than welcome to post an opinion as long as it is in a mature manner.
What are you doing on the roof? Oh wait that's an air conditioning unit. - Suarez 2k15
The following 4 users Like Audacter's post:
  • Grunt, Davidson, Brax, Dauntless
(08-06-2015, 08:39 PM)Hillerbear Wrote: Don't you have a forum of your own to post negative comments on? If you left, why even care to come back here being negative towards the decisions of the Fearless Staff? Makes no sense to me.

Because while some of us have left, we still actually care about the community? There's always opposition to a decision and it's not about being "negative" for the sake of it...

I concur with Faustie 100% in his post. I am free to post my opinion, just as you can.
Regards,
aviator
The following 3 users Like aviator's post:
  • Zecon, Benporium, Decay
I agree on this, but I was talking about the general behaviors of the former staff and players on the FL forums lately. I'm happy to hear that you guys still care though. Smile
Credits to Rain.

(08-06-2015, 08:45 PM)aviator Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 08:39 PM)Hillerbear Wrote: Don't you have a forum of your own to post negative comments on? If you left, why even care to come back here being negative towards the decisions of the Fearless Staff? Makes no sense to me.

Because while some of us have left, we still actually care about the community? There's always opposition to a decision and it's not about being "negative" for the sake of it...

I concur with Faustie 100% in his post. I am free to post my opinion, just as you can.

You guys should go hate somewhere else. I mean don't you guys have something else to do in your spare time? Like wtf. People would kill to get more time in their life and here you guys are... Argueing, hating, keep posting negative stuff, disrespecting, Hell you guys even hate the the newly promoted staff and you haven't even seen them in action!? Trying to break FearlessRP. Soulripper should just ban all you guys and get it over with.

How about all the ex staff(The ones that went on strike n shit) just keep their mouth shut and keep their opinions to their self? That be great.

There are 60,000 bans... So what? Everyone deserves a fresh start. You say you banned people that deserved it? They will get banned again if they deserve it... Why are you guys so against Fresh Start? If you goto hell. I'm pretty sure you're also gonna beg for a fresh start... And actually change because you got the chance.

People lay in hospital knowing around what day they're gonna die. They wouldn't mind a fresh start live longer do something better with their lifes.

And can't you guys see that your opinions aren't needed here. Nobody appreciates them... The only people that like your negative opinion are also ex staff or people that left to join you and want a good name there... Thats it.
Kind Regards
Lucifer, your private demon.
That just proves my point entirely. Rather than reading the content of my message and the reasoning and arguments behind it, you instead attack me and my peers and claim that all we do is hate.

We are perfectly entitled to comment on the old community that, for many of us, still holds a place in our hearts. Just as you are entitled to comment on our community. Freedom of speech exists for a reason, and attempting to silence people and their opinions almost never works out for the better.

Also, why should people not be allowed to hold a negative opinion about the actions of the current administration? Or is it only people who have left the community who aren't allowed to voice such an opinion?
The following 10 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Zecon, Adman, Benporium, Grunt, Decay, TimzzElitezz, GRiiM, Brax, Enzyme, Dauntless
(08-06-2015, 08:45 PM)aviator Wrote: Because while some of us have left, we still actually care about the community? There's always opposition to a decision and it's not about being "negative" for the sake of it...

He have a point Demonic. However I agree with you on some of these points.
Credits to Rain.

Can we stop with the flaming and shit?

People want to have a discussion.

Please stop using the argument of another community as a reason for someone to not post.
The following 2 users Like James_Gaff's post:
  • Burnett, Benporium
@ Faustie,

I don't need a 10 paragraph message to reply. I'll keep it short.

I don't see why 6-7 years of hard work get's referred to as just the bans. Is administrating all about banning players? Maybe at your community but not here.

The work former admins have done wasn't for nothing. I believe that now we've got a brand new team who are going to administrate the server in a more fair, justified way, it's a good time to clear the old bans aswell. There were many unfair bans and a lot of inconsistency. Players got banned for the same rulebreak, however one for a couple of months and one for just a week. I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but sometimes there were also signs of bias. This has been bothering me for a couple of months and this is for me the best timing to start fresh.

Although it's your opinion, I find it a little childish that you have to respond this way. I've tolerated the blatent copy of the gamemode, the removal of several systems, my FastDL server suddenly gone, my workshop files deleted. Could you just focus on your own community? Thank you.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 13 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Imperator, Suarez, Demonic, Grunt, DVN, Haarek, MasterNoda, TimzzElitezz, Grub, Edned, Pollux, Smile, Nadrickk