Corleone Entrance
Are you allowed to build a gate or barrier (with keypad or button control) at the Corleone entrance?

(ie)
[Image: Corleone.jpg]

I have seen them (and built them myself), but now and again you get a person (not admin) that tells you it's not allowed and that it needs to be removed.

My builds for that entrance consist of 4-5 "poles" sticking up from the ground and set to a 10sec fading door.
which looks something like:

So it allows pedestrians to walk through the entrance, but stops vehicles coming in (unless the keypad is activated which removes the barriers)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
This is only my opinion
I've seen it done before, but the rule normally stands with you having to own ALL the doors. If you don't own all the doors in that area, then no, you can't make anything that restricts that area.

That's what I've seen and heard, if someone from the team could verify that it'd be great, but generally that's what I've heard and seen from staff.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(07-27-2015, 07:17 PM)Wood Wrote: This is only my opinion
I've seen it done before, but the rule normally stands with you having to own ALL the doors. If you don't own all the doors in that area, then no, you can't make anything that restricts that area.

That's what I've seen and heard, if someone from the team could verify that it'd be great, but generally that's what I've heard and seen from staff.

yeah, I only put the barrier in place when I'm Corleone and the other Corleone have owned the other houses.

or, if I'm a Civ and everyone in the compound said they wanted it (after I ask them) and I give them the pass for the keypad.

It would be a bit of a dick move if I was to put a barrier up if I'm the only person there.

O.o You cant say the D word here? - Sad
Usualy how I see it is if you have all the doors then you can, but if you don't you can't build a gate there. Thats how I've seen it go, I could be wrong though.
[Image: xfjIDIO.jpg]
Thanks to Barkles for my Signature
Don't some admins not allow this? I have seen an admin not allow this because there is still a spawn point inside the villas or something. It might have been changed now.
The problem is, by blocking it off, your blocking your spawn, there is still a corlone spawn within thatzone at the whitehouse, thus so long as that spawn point remains, the area cannot be blocked off.

You can lock down every house there besides the whitehouse mind you since none of them contain spawns.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Change the spawn then, or write the rule down. Would clear up the problem pretty precisely. 
A more fitting signature. 
The following 1 user Likes Jono's post:
  • Dauntless
(07-27-2015, 07:47 PM)BlackDog Wrote: The problem is, by blocking it off, your blocking your spawn, there is still a corlone spawn within thatzone at the whitehouse, thus so long as that spawn point remains, the area cannot be blocked off.

Well the barrier system I use doesn't 'block off' the entrance as it still allows pedestrians to move in and out of the area.

-edit-

Also if everyone in the compound is Corleone, then what would be the issue?
As the Corleone that spawn there would have access to the barrier.

(07-27-2015, 07:47 PM)BlackDog Wrote: You can lock down every house there besides the whitehouse mind you since none of them contain spawns.

Seems admins have conflicting views on this, you say you cant lock down the white house and others say you can :/

Sometime I "buy" the white house as a Civ and wall it off, but use my "pole" barrier system on the drive way so Corleone spawners can leave the area easily.

Would love official clarification of whether Civs can (or cannot) buy the white house.
I think it would be acceptable if you're part of the Corleones and so is everyone who lives in that area, assign a house each. Buy the doors and RP as a Corleone only estate.
What are you doing on the roof? Oh wait that's an air conditioning unit. - Suarez 2k15
in my opinion and what i always tell players is that if you not only own all the doors but a different person owns each door, then you can make a gate. which means 4 different people need to be roleplaying together. but this means if you and your friends own 3 doors but someone else uses another you cannot build a gate nor force him out.
The following 1 user Likes Rolorox's post:
  • Davidson