(07-21-2015, 08:09 PM)Venture Wrote: Steam name:[FL:RP] Ven
RPP:15
Bans:3
Blacklists:2
Hours:1171
Role I wish to be:End Saviour Army
Reason for chosen role:

I agree to follow all rules.

Accepted. Although the Reason is not complete.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Nevill
After talking to the very useful and kind Faustie about the map issue with Zombies from the Event earlier today, I now know why.
In the map, there needs be a navigation mesh. A one that all NPC's would need to use. Most mappers are very lazy these days and do not bother to add this mesh which results in what happened today.
(Basically, the Zombies had no places to go as told by the map)
(I tried to copy Fausites words)
Fausties actual life story sent: (Only the important part)
Simple - The map had no navigation mesh.

Essentially, most NPCs in gmod only know where to move if there is a navigation mesh - this is a matrix of nodes placed on all walkable surfaces on the map which let the NPC AI know whether or not they can move there, and then there are some more advanced nodes you can add later which let NPCs know whether or not they can climb an area, etc. Without a navigation mesh, they don't know where to go and simply freeze. The navigation mesh is normally saved as a .nav file and would be located in the maps folder.

For some reason, the majority of mappers on gmod don't bother making navigation meshes. It's not a hard process, but it takes quite a long time. You have to use your CPU to generate a navigation mesh (or you can edit it manually, but that takes forever) for a map if it doesn't have one. V2d and 33x have meshes coded into the map.

This is what I added to the bottom of the post. Just in-case (For some reason) you didn't see it yet.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
So will a mesh have to be added or use a new map?
[Image: alfred.png]
(07-21-2015, 09:29 PM)WinterOak Wrote: So will a mesh have to be added or use a new map?

I am going to use v33x.
If I were to make a mesh on my Computer, it would take around 10-15 hours (Time, I simply don't have), so, just going to use a new map.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
Wouldn't the NPCs manually have to be spawned in on v33x though? As the map won't generate the NPCs from certain spawn points?
[Image: alfred.png]
(07-21-2015, 09:42 PM)WinterOak Wrote: Wouldn't the NPCs manually have to be spawned in on v33x though? As the map won't generate the NPCs from certain spawn points?

Yes, they would have to be manually spawned, however, I know there is an addon which FL have used for the DayZ server to auto-spawn zombies. But, for my event, I want them spawned manually. This is because I can then control how many there is of them.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
Did I miss the event or are we yet to do it?
(07-22-2015, 05:57 PM)Mr Doc Wrote: Did I miss the event or are we yet to do it?

It is yet to happen.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me