DayZ Server Related Questions
Ironically during my semi-departure I have dwelled back to my past servers (DayZ predominantly). This was before the announcement regarding the opening of a FL DayZ server which I'm really pumped for.

However i'd like to ask quite a few questions regarding this:

Will the servers be up 24/7 along side with CityRP?

When is an approximated date of the opening?

Does donators in CityRP automatically have donor perks in the DayZ server?

Will there be a seperate forum or will it have a sub-forum like minecraft?

Thank you.
Also, will the hours carry over. If I join the DayZ server will I start with 0 hours or 1523 hours?
(07-15-2015, 09:47 PM)Jericho Wrote: Will the servers be up 24/7 along side with CityRP?
Yes.

Very soon, I expect within the next few days.

It will be separate, so if you've donated on CityRP it won't be carried over.

Yeah there should be a separate forum.

Read bold lines.
(07-15-2015, 09:47 PM)Jericho Wrote: Will the servers be up 24/7 along side with CityRP?
yes

when its ready from a few days

its possible but we will see

sub forum

(07-15-2015, 10:25 PM)DanManC Wrote: Also, will the hours carry over. If I join the DayZ server will I start with 0 hours or 1523 hours?
no
Answered.

Thanks.
What sort of roleplay? Is it going to be more serious and text-based, or will it be a faster-pace anarchistic shooter similar to DayZ as it is now?
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(07-16-2015, 05:59 AM)Toxic Wrote: What sort of roleplay? Is it going to be more serious and text-based, or will it be a faster-pace anarchistic shooter similar to DayZ as it is now?

It is a dayz server. It is not roleplay oriented. People can obviously make their factions and that is probably the most roleplay there may be, besides events and such. We were also thinking of making it so you have to do a command like /introduce to let people know your name. So there could be roleplay potential there.
I also have a question;

Why?

Not to criticize SoulRipper's decisions since he's well within his rights to do whatever he wants with his community, but why is it necessary to fork out for a new gamemode and start up a new server? Surely the main focus should be improving the stability and function of the current FearlessRP gamemode and somehow rewarding the developers for working their asses off day-in day-out to introduce new features? I don't play V2D at all but one of the main issues with V33x I've noticed is that it can be highly unstable at times, to the point where multiple crashes happen and it's annoying for a lot of people. The main focus in my opinion should be building up the current community and improving on what works best for your playerbase. 

The Fearless community's main staple is their unique RP game mode that's been built up personally by members of the community who know their community inside out, so how does introducing a new server with a bought gamemode that's undoubtedly buggy beyond belief serve the community in a positive way at all?
The following 1 user Likes Reverse Flash's post:
  • BouncingBall
It wasnt soul but the entire admin team
the idea is something different to play while still with the fearless community
people dont wana play cityrp all the time
we are providing an alternative with in the community rather than them going elsewhere
(07-16-2015, 02:30 PM)Temar Wrote: It wasnt soul but the entire admin team
the idea is something different to play while still with the fearless community
people dont wana play cityrp all the time
we are providing an alternative with in the community rather than them going elsewhere

Fair enough, but it honestly still just doesn't seem like the right decision to me. Obviously though, it's not my decision to make haha