GMod DayZ server incoming
A little update on progress:

We've been writing a new admin system for the gamemode, as the one that came with is abysmal. We're also having to edit quite a few things, as there are a lot of unprofessional things in the gamemode atm, such as a few pointless HUD elements that block your view for no good reason and some that even include bloody stupid memes. I'm stripping that from the gamemode.

We'll likely go with rp_apocalypse for our first map, because it's not only large but pretty interesting and has a lot of different areas, which will allow us to best test the gamemode on a large scale. I'm generating a navmesh for the map now, which will probably take a couple of hours.

Weapons will be FAS2, so similar to CW2 but slightly different. Everything will be set to automatically download when you join so you needn't worry about content. You're recommended to have EP1/2 content installed, but you should already have that from FL so I've disabled the obnoxious HUD elements that warn you if you don't use their specific content packs they made on dayz.net.

I'm currently not going to restrict anything to donator-only.

There is a jeep and helicopter, but the jeep is only the HL2 jeep and the helicopter is buggy as hell, so we're not going to include spawnpoints for either. Soon I hope to add some proper 4x4 vehicles that you can spawn, and a new helicopter (perhaps a Huey or Blackhawk).

I'm hoping that this will be playable soon, but it's hard to tell; currently I'm hoping that I can generate this navmesh without gmod crashing from the strain. I have an i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5Ghz working on it so hopefully this won't take soo long. I'll then need a team of ~5 admins to help me set-up spawnpoints; thankfully there's a good in-built system that lets us do that.
The following 7 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Mustang, BasicallyMental, CommanderEcho, Smex, Suarez, GRiiM, Kippsee
(07-15-2015, 09:58 PM)Faustie Wrote: A little update on progress:

We've been writing a new admin system for the gamemode, as the one that came with is abysmal. We're also having to edit quite a few things, as there are a lot of unprofessional things in the gamemode atm, such as a few pointless HUD elements that block your view for no good reason and some that even include bloody stupid memes. I'm stripping that from the gamemode.

We'll likely go with rp_apocalypse for our first map, because it's not only large but pretty interesting and has a lot of different areas, which will allow us to best test the gamemode on a large scale. I'm generating a navmesh for the map now, which will probably take a couple of hours.

Weapons will be FAS2, so similar to CW2 but slightly different. Everything will be set to automatically download when you join so you needn't worry about content. You're recommended to have EP1/2 content installed, but you should already have that from FL so I've disabled the obnoxious HUD elements that warn you if you don't use their specific content packs they made on dayz.net.

I'm currently not going to restrict anything to donator-only.

There is a jeep and helicopter, but the jeep is only the HL2 jeep and the helicopter is buggy as hell, so we're not going to include spawnpoints for either. Soon I hope to add some proper 4x4 vehicles that you can spawn, and a new helicopter (perhaps a Huey or Blackhawk).

I'm hoping that this will be playable soon, but it's hard to tell; currently I'm hoping that I can generate this navmesh without gmod crashing from the strain. I have an i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5Ghz working on it so hopefully this won't take soo long. I'll then need a team of ~5 admins to help me set-up spawnpoints; thankfully there's a good in-built system that lets us do that.

I volunteer as tribute!
The following 1 user Likes Rolorox's post:
  • MacTavish
I do that thing too
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
I think that hl2 ep2's jalopy would fit the server,its an offroader with 3w drive (tested it by putting props under each wheel)
Me pls

*Walks in brothers room*
OH DAYZ
*Sees DayZ GMod*
oh.
None the less, nice job guys. I'm sure it'll still be fun. Can't wait to see it when its done. Smile
So excited!
I wanna play already *sniffle*
The following 1 user Likes Jericho's post:
  • MacTavish
Just a quick update: Myself and George smashed-out placing spawnpoints so they're more or less done. Next thing is to organise some world props to add an apocalyptic feel to the server.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 9 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Nyander, TheMJ, Kippsee, GeorgeTheBoy, Tawee, BasicallyMental, Burnett, Benporium, MacTavish
Quick update:

- loading screen done
- added owner rank Cheese
- updates to menu
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.