Resignation/Departure
1.) [FL:RP] Justin
2.) [FL:RP] Nevinator8
3.) [FL:RP] Nevy
4.) [FL] Nevy

Dear Community and Staff,

I have come to the decision that I will be resigning from my administrative position here at FL. It was a tough decision, but I feel as though it is the right decision. 

Ever since 2011, this community has been my home. I have over 2,000 hours in FL and thousands of hours in Garry's Mod. To those that wish to see this ridiculous number:

[Image: j9c2jLF.png]

My activity has dropped recently due to quite a few reasons, most of which stem from events that have recently occurred in my life that are quite personal. I have reached a point in my life where I must allocate my time towards things that are more important, such as being successful in school, building up my career and getting out of the house more often! I've got a life to live and I have been putting too much of my attention into computer games that I seem to have missed out on a lot and I don't plan on continuing this.

It has been a privilege to be able to have the opportunity to be a staff member here. It came to a surprise that I was offered the position, considering that I was never a social player nor had the chance to meet a large number of the staff members due to time zone differences. I stuck with close friends and really enjoyed my time. I'd like to thank a few people for making my experience here at FL be one that I will always cherish. 

SoulRipper - The big man upstairs! I have only spoken to you once before in 2013 regarding a friend that had been banned, ever since then I haven't had the chance to speak to you. You never even accepted my friend request! You seem like a very nice guy despite some differences that some others have voiced. I have nothing bad to say, only that you should continue to allow more content to be added in. This community will thrive from that.

Beflok - Baeflok, you are truly one of a kind. You are my father figure here at FL, but not in a creepy way. You truly kept me interested in FL, simply from being your friend and also from being a part of Designing Tomorrow. I know you have become inactive for quite some time due to having your kid, so if you ever read this I would like to congratulate you again and hope for the best in the months to come. 

BlackDog - Once in FUMUKU, always in FUMUKU. Without FUMUKU I would have left long ago. ClanRP kept my interest high and truly allowed me to make some friendships that I hope to keep. 

Burnett - People do not understand how much time and work you have put into this community to make it safe. Truly admirable to do all this for no compensation.

ForceGhost - One of the nicest guys I ran into on FL. He was a wonderful administrator and truly rewarded those who went out of their way to role-play not for points, but simply because they enjoyed it. 

Faustie - Fine lad, I hope you marry the redhead of your dreams. It has been a pleasure to work alongside you and I personally thank you for the initiative you have taken to develop for FL. You have invested more time than I could and this community wouldn't be here if you weren't a part of it. Keep up the great work.

Mavis - I'll mention him simply because I respect the work he put in to help FL, though I must digress to say that your actions following that were immature and certainly took away from the trust that you were given. 

Venom - Best of luck, it has been a fun experience here at FL. 

Other: I thank all other staff members, both current and those who have since resigned, for their time and commitment to FL. It is a tedious task to deal with those who come onto the servers with malicious intent in order to ruin the experience for other people. 

My Story

Spoiler :
 I figure that I might as well share my story as it may allow some of you to have a different perspective of me and how I made my way to FL.

It all began when I had purchased Garry's Mod back in Mid-2009. I honestly had no idea what the game was but I was intrigued after just watching a few YouTube videos of it and just imagining what I could be able to do. I spent many hours learning the ropes through single player and decided to make my way into Multiplayer.

Many of the initial servers that I joined were build servers, where I spent my time learning how to build bases made of shipping containers and even airplanes, once again made out of shipping containers. I made a friend on some random server and randomly decided to film a Garry's Mod movie, which was horribly filmed but was an accomplishment nonetheless. 

After some time I managed to download PHX, which hadn't been a part of Garry's Mod at the time. I eventually got WireMod as well, learned the ropes and eventually found my way onto a DarkRP server where I made a teleporting device that would teleport to nearby printers, magnetize them onto the device and then teleport back to my coordinates. It was ingenious and slightly evil.

DarkRP had been where I spent most of my time. I became part of many different communities, which mainly began when I joined the community Tim's Land. I became a dedicated member and was eventually offered a position as an administrator. Looking back onto it, being an administrator was completely different! I flew around in my combine suit while having my job as Administrator On Duty. Sadly this community took a turn for the worse with an enormous amount of DDos attack and it was taken down for several months. It has since returned and rebranded itself as ThatDarkRPServer, which has been and continue to be one of the top rated DarkRP servers. During the time that this community had been hit by a large number of attacks, I took my departure and went off to find another community. This is where I found RevoGaming. 

RevoGaming had been an established DarkRP community, where I spent thousands of hours sitting in a basement in a train tunnel farming printers and building unraidable bases. I eventually became a staff member there and served alongside one of the other staff members there, Blankey. Though his name doesn't ring a bell, maybe this video might have you recognize his voice. 

Yes, that would be Sir Crow. One of the biggest DarkRP trolls you could run into. We were two of the worst best staff members you could ask for. Sadly this community went to poop ( no pun intended ) after the owner had some IRL issues and had to take it down. 

After departing from that community I decided to look for something new. I stumbled upon PERP and left after 15 minutes of wandering about figuring out how to get a job and spawn props. This is when I found CityRP. As soon as I joined I knew this was going to be another great community.

It has been a wonderful experience and I again am truly grateful to those who have made my experience here top notch.

Sadly this is not simply a resignation, it is a goodbye. 

I may return one day, maybe not. I can only hope that this community strives forward in the right direction.

Best of luck FL. 

*Nevinator8 hands in his [FL] tag, aviators and signs off*
Cya Nev, Good luck with what you do in future.
Gonna miss ya Nev, I remember when we had a knife fight on Beta and you tranqed and shoved me under ground... good times.
Thank you for everything you did for FL, maybe one day you will return to us.
Good luck with what you decide to do next.
[Image: xfjIDIO.jpg]
Thanks to Barkles for my Signature
Noooo Nevvyyyy Sad

Talk on steam though man, will miss you!
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Goodbye Nevy... Best of luck to the future!
It was a pleasure to work with you mate. The moderator days were great and I miss them a lot.

Best of luck for the future; keep in touch. Smile
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
Cioa Nevy
I can actually still remember the first ever RP we done, the EvoSanctuary forest thing out beside DTM. It was right before you got mod. You where good at your job and it's a shame to see you resign, but an even bigger shame to see you leave. Goodbye.
Sad

Been seeing a few resignation posts recently (mainly due to others being bumped).
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
Thank you for administrating the servers. Except from some of your comments in the suggestion section i think you did a good job as administrator