Minor updates and a little preview
The ambulance is Wood's project, not mine, but it's almost finished. There are just a few things to sort out. Bear in mind that vehicles aren't easy, though I've been doing my best to expedite the process and speed things up drastically in comparison to how they used to be.

We used to have to rely on 1-2 devs to do everything, but that's no longer the case. We have a much bigger dev team and a contributor team, and things are much better organized. We also have a very efficient security team who have a variety of roles. Team communication has drastically improved over the past year, and things get done more effectively. These are all reasons as to why we're seeing so many updates recently. But still, please bear in mind that vehicles are a core component to the FL experience, and as such vehicle updates are treated carefully and are a slower process than most updates, especially as Soul wants to always confirm that there are no bugs with vehicles and that the handling is good, as a form of quality control. That said, things are speeding up a huge deal - the firetruck has been a day or two in the works, and is already nearly finished; all it needs now is the seats sorting and Soul's approval.

Somewhat related, I've been toying with improving the lambo (it's out second-most expensive vehicle, and what with the BMW still in limbo, the best) and I've upgraded the sounds and I'm working on the speed/handling. This video isn't a final representation by all means (it accelerates far too fast) but I'd love your opinions on it: http://original.livestream.com/mostglori...m=ui-thumb

Cheers
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • epicwarzone
Why does fuel go so quickly now?
As for the firetruck itself, I've nerfed the acceleration and the brakes, but the top speed is still around 38mph. I think that's fair. It's slow in cities due to the lack of straight road, but relatively fast outside of them. The handling has been drastically improved; while some may enjoy the sluggish handling of the old firetruck, it led to a huge amount of accidental CDM.
(07-07-2015, 04:15 AM)Faustie Wrote: As for the firetruck itself, I've nerfed the acceleration and the brakes, but the top speed is still around 38mph. I think that's fair. It's slow in cities due to the lack of straight road, but relatively fast outside of them. The handling has been drastically improved; while some may enjoy the sluggish handling of the old firetruck, it led to a huge amount of accidental CDM.
Great! Now I no longer need to pray a silent prayer about saving more people than I killed when I go out on a request as a fireman. (I'm kinda like the paramedics in GTA)
I have one concern..
The new fire truck looks a bit longer than the one we currently have, so does the new one fit inside the fire station?

Any chance of seeing a pic of it parked inside the fire station (v33x) ?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The lambo sounds are too sudden. A lambo accelerates much more slowly, like you mentioned, a little more like this;
https://youtu.be/xpCKRPq-ZWA?t=37s

Skip to around 30 seconds for a better idea.
I've updated the lambo sounds somewhat, including some custom sounds I put together.

It's very difficult to make lambo sounds on gmod correspond precisely to real life, Jamster. For one, we don't have the space on the map to let cars get up to any real high speeds, and also the way gears are handled by the gmod vehicle system is much different. This is probably the best we can get:

http://original.livestream.com/mostglori...13438044cd
Daym.
Test 2 has a much nice sound to it. Much better than the first! Good work!
The following 1 user Likes James_Gaff's post:
  • Faustie
(07-07-2015, 11:58 AM)RIC0H Wrote: I have one concern..
The new fire truck looks a bit longer than the one we currently have, so does the new one fit inside the fire station?

Any chance of seeing a pic of it parked inside the fire station (v33x) ?

I tested it and the fire engine does fit. I tested the ambulance also.

The following 1 user Likes Coded Brain's post:
  • RIC0H