New SWAT Van!
Jamster, it's 5 points, go earn them like everyone else did.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(07-05-2015, 06:20 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 06:13 PM)DarkN00b Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 05:14 PM)Jamster Wrote: Why? Why aren't all other vehicles limited? Fire engine, ambulance, BMW, Raptor.

Maybe because the VAN is alternative to SRU car. You don't have to be so mad that you can't drive it because you lack the RP points damn it. Atleast be more polite else you this won't get you anywhere for gods sake.

You want the RP point limit to be removed yet you whine like b*tch. "Logic", atleast suggest something to replace the RP point limit.

Not an RP point limit maybe?

Yeah, I hate the system, but I'd hardly call this whining like a b*tch. As I said balance the truck and there'd be no need for the limit. Hell. There shouldn't need to be a limit anyway. As I said, it's not a system to administrate the server.

Add C4 and make it able to damage the truck. Make it so certain rifles can break the windows and cause damage. Grenade attachments on the guns. The list goes on. There are so many ways to balance it.

An RPP limit is lazy.

I'm also "mad" because my soul roleplays revolve around cop and Swat RP. It's what I enjoy and, by comment of others, I'm good at it. I'm "mad" because, if nothing else, this limits me in what RPs I can do as SWAT. I'm "mad" as it means I'll have to sit around for 6 hours, doing an RP I don't really enjoy to have a chance of getting a point, then repeat the method.

I'm "mad" because the system is flawed. 

Well, and I was "mad" because I really hate when someone is "mad" about something withount suggesting a solution. My last reply is late one though I was busy for few mins and u already posted another reply to wood. Now, lets not turn this into "mad" discussion thread untill a admin will get "mad".
(07-05-2015, 06:20 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 06:13 PM)DarkN00b Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 05:14 PM)Jamster Wrote: Why? Why aren't all other vehicles limited? Fire engine, ambulance, BMW, Raptor.

Maybe because the VAN is alternative to SRU car. You don't have to be so mad that you can't drive it because you lack the RP points damn it. Atleast be more polite else you this won't get you anywhere for gods sake.

You want the RP point limit to be removed yet you whine like b*tch. "Logic", atleast suggest something to replace the RP point limit.

Not an RP point limit maybe?

Yeah, I hate the system, but I'd hardly call this whining like a b*tch. As I said balance the truck and there'd be no need for the limit. Hell. There shouldn't need to be a limit anyway. As I said, it's not a system to administrate the server.

Add C4 and make it able to damage the truck. Make it so certain rifles can break the windows and cause damage. Grenade attachments on the guns. The list goes on. There are so many ways to balance it.

An RPP limit is lazy.

EDIT: I'm also "mad" because my soul roleplays revolve around cop and Swat RP. It's what I enjoy and, by comment of others, I'm good at it. I'm "mad" because, if nothing else, this limits me in what RPs I can do as SWAT. I'm "mad" as it means I'll have to sit around for 6 hours, doing an RP I don't really enjoy to have a chance of getting a point, then repeat the method.

I'm "mad" because the system is flawed. 

EDIT2: Also, a comment on my manner, I said I loved the update. Never said it was sh*t or bad. I said the points limit is foolish.

Because this car wont stop to ANYTHING.
I drove into multiple cars and rammed them into a wall when we tested it, they all blew up whilst the swat van remained at 100%
Its very difficult to shoot the driver out of this car.

The SWAT van is a CDM and mingemachine placed in the wrong hands...
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
(07-05-2015, 06:28 PM)Voluptious Wrote: The SWAT van is a CDM and mingemachine placed in the wrong hands...

I give you, EVERYTHING ON FL EVER.

I'm not replying anymore cause' this is a waste of my time and energy.
If anyone wants something like that changing, in future can you either PM myself or make a separate thread in discussing instead of having a fallout/aggressive discussion on an update thread please.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
The van is a speciality vehicle, just look at it. I personally support the RPP limit, not because I have over the required amount to use it but because it's a special item. Only those that show their real roleplaying standard and have been rewarded deserve special items. Obviously there's loads of people out there who RP and have barely been rewarded but hey ho lifes tough sometimes.
The van is an alternative, just because this is added doesn't mean it stops your ability to continue on your usual SWAT/Cop RP, you can still carry on with it, just the same way as you used to.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • Benporium
100,000k!?!?!!?!?

Thats $100,000,000!!!!

I think you mean 100kTounge
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • mgdwszx
The SWAT van is an alternative to the SWAT car, not an essential vehicle. It's also pretty abusable, and while we don't have any amazing systems in place, RPP is a reasonable place to start to identify those who are less likely to abuse something they're given. Yes, the bonus it provides is very substantial while driving, but SWAT vans alone don't win raids; you still need to leave the armoured confines of the van at some point, and then you're just like any other SWAT member. We also don't want to see every single SWAT member driving about in this van, and RPP is a reasonable way to limit the amount of people who use them, and will encourage teamwork and carpooling (as it's likely only 1-2 of the team will have the required RPP).

We are looking into other ways to balance it, but all of these updates take time. It's all very well saying "add grenades" but that needs thinking through, modelling, and coding. In the meantime, RPP is acceptable.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Benporium
I dont get how RPP's determine the maturity and responsibility of the player.

So you have 5 RPP's so what? You can sit in a dupe for 6 hours 5 times.

I'd say an hour limit would suffice. Especially since this update if for SWAT; a role tended to be used by aggressive players whom frankly most of them do not have the sufficient RPP's.
The following 4 users Like Jericho's post:
  • James_Gaff, Chumps, Nexus, RRK
You do understand if we changed to an hour limit it'd be something around 800-1000 hours?

This is a huge van that we have to trust people with, and RPP are a way of showing peoples dedication and trust to the servers, along with being a "gift" for achieving that many points.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
The following 3 users Like Wood's post:
  • Preditor, Falcon, Benporium