New theft system and crafting!
This has been something we've been planning for quite a while, but over the past two nights I've been working on a new theft system, which is also our first introduction of the new crafting system, though only with ingredients to start with.

Using the secondary-fire function of the lockpick a criminal can now attempt to steal from government vehicles. This takes a little longer than simply stealing it, and carries some risks: obviously, if the police catch you you can enjoy your nice new orange jumpsuit, but you also risk breaking your lockpicks. Obviously, there's quite a lot of coding that's been done to prevent abuse. For one, if your car has been stolen from in the last 15 minutes, no-one else can steal from it, even if you rejoin.

The base failure rate is 50%, after which there are a total of 20 possible items you can steal. These items have different probability rates and also availability differs between vehicles; you can currently steal from police cars, ambulances, and fire engines.

There are also 9 brand new items which you can steal! Some of these items will be used in the soon-to-come crafting system, and others can be used immediately. Their rarity differs, and some items will be obtainable through different methods; some will not. I'm going to keep these items secret for now, as it'll be fun to see players post what they are and figure it out for themselves.

This is one of our first forays into creating some player-produced items, rather than simply putting things into the market with an artificial price. As such, it's expected that prices will fluctuate depending on supply and demand, as none of the 9 new items will ever be available on the F1 market.

We're also hoping to see some more police and criminal roleplay out of this. Obviously, police will have to actually start caring about stolen cars a bit more, and we might see some more secure garages, and also use of the new ANPR system. While criminals must still follow the rules and provide some background RP, some unique items being available only through theft gives criminals a reason with which they can roleplay and then steal these items.

Credit goes to Wati Feir for two of the models used.
YES! YEEEES! I! I've been waiting so long for this to be implanted!
Quick, steal every freaking car on the server
The following 8 users Like SourLemon's post:
  • Hitman, Zambie, Fiddlestiiicks, evilmat360, Coded Brain, Voluptious, MacTavish, Benporium
What?????
This will be an interesting thing to see if someone tries to break into my cruiser. Smile
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Soviethooves's post:
  • Coded Brain
Seem like a great idea and cannot wait to try it out, great job Faustie.
Implying theres not enough criminalRP already going on.
The following 2 users Like Jericho's post:
  • evilmat360, Jinkees!
I think the rarity of item should increase if its a SWAT cruiser being looted rather than a normal police cruiser.
The following 1 user Likes Jericho's post:
  • goigle!
I hope there's drugs in the ambulance :3
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
(06-27-2015, 07:58 AM)Nuka Wrote: I hope there's drugs in the ambulance :3

I haven't seen the system but from what I gather it is currently only for police vehicles.

I would love to see this with ambulances though.