Where are you all going?
Hey all,

So, recently another great Administrator has resigned from their role on FL.
Where are you all going? We are loosing so many good Admins lately!
Please, no one else leave, too many have gone.

For all that are leaving/have left. We will miss you.

-Basic

(P.S: This is only meant to be a kind post, not one to start a war between ANYONE)
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 3 users Like BasicallyMental's post:
  • Nacreas, Benporium, MacTavish
It's very natural for staff-members to take breaks, I've taken many myself and that's why a few staff-members are currently inactive and have been for a good while. It's also summer-time and this is the period where most people take a break.

Y'all need to realize that we've never had such a big staff-team in FL history before, so all staff-members aren't leaving.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
Fiji, hopefully..
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
I'm in NYC right now and going home on Monday so that's where I'm going.
The following 4 users Like Venom's post:
  • Burnett, Wood, TheMJ, equal
There's actually only three staff members in the squad. Enzyme, Safira and... Diggy *-*

Every other "staff member" are actually robots being controlled by Enzyme's magical potato.
The following 2 users Like Bowiii's post:
  • Enzyme, MacTavish
It's gonna suck when I resign next week...
(06-13-2015, 06:30 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: We are loosing so many good Admins lately!

Yeah, we need to tighten them back up right now!
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(06-14-2015, 07:02 PM)Ms. Mudpie Wrote:
(06-13-2015, 06:30 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: We are loosing so many good Admins lately!

Yes! Agreed!
I mean, I understand that it is summer and that some will want to take a break and so on.
Correct me if I am wrong, once you have resigned, you don't really come back to your Administrative position. Like, it's kinda permanent?

EDIT: If you can come back and none are after resigning... we are soon to be running out of Admins... then what? You can't really just go ahead and replace the old ones?
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
Er, I think you missed my point entirely...

You said "loosing", which A. isn't a real word, and B. is based on the word "loose" which is the opposite of "tight". The word you were looking for is "losing". Basically, I have not changed at all since I was last here.

I agree though, it seems that admins don't tend to last long these days. I'm not putting it down to summer holidays and exams and all that either, since that doesn't tend to be as much of an issue in other communities I've visited.

I suspect that it's because admins here are put under a lot more pressure here (like, a lot) than anywhere else, since if any of the servers go for ten minutes with no admin on then everyone goes apeshit and starts spamming the admins' Steam profile, the Fearless Steam page and the forums simultaneously, screaming "ADMIN JOIN V2D PLS HALP". They also seem to get a lot of shit whenever they ban/blacklist someone, which is very often considering how many people here don't have the imagination to roleplay without shooting up the police station solely out of boredom every single day.

They have to devote a lot of time to Fearless, and some of them just don't have that kind of time. Time which must also be devoted to (as the case may be) university, work, personal upkeep etc. Not to mention that admins don't get paid, so it's essentially volunteer work.

tl;dr: I blame the playerbase and there not being enough hours in the day.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 3 users Like Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • equal, Benporium, Decay
(06-14-2015, 07:17 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 07:02 PM)Ms. Mudpie Wrote:

Yes! Agreed!
I mean, I understand that it is summer and that some will want to take a break and so on.
Correct me if I am wrong, once you have resigned, you don't really come back to your Administrative position. Like, it's kinda permanent?

EDIT: If you can come back and none are after resigning... we are soon to be running out of Admins... then what? You can't really just go ahead and replace the old ones?

#Correcting-you-because-you-are-wrong.

If an admin resigns because he doesn't ie have time or interest in FL, then he can return as a admin when he got the time or interest for FL again. Resigning isn't a one-way-trip to admin-to-peasant-player-town. 

Let me use Nacreas as an example:

Nacreas resigned because he had lost interest in Fearless and he needed a break.
When he wants to return, then he informs us and this is quickly mentioned on the forum and if no-one has in issue (Not happened as far as I know) then he's re-promoted. 

If Nacreas ever wants to return as an administrator then there's no doubt in my mind that he'll get the spot back. 
Many other staff-members have resigned and then gotten their spot back. 

If an admin is demoted then he can also get his admin-spot back if he becomes active again and the team supports the re-promotion.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • Nacreas