Debate time! Restructure the Leadership of the Community.
Hello Everyone!
Background:
I saw, Raptors resignation and I then just started to get some ideas that I just have to share otherwise I won't get any sleep tonight. So I posted it on Raptors resignation page and then just decide to take the debate in a specific thread. I don't know if this a GOOD idea or a BAD idea. However I think it's important to come with suggestions every-time someone get's an idea to improve the community. 
Introduction: 
I have been an on and off member the FL community since 2011 now and I have a few observation. Also before you read on I think I have to make this VERY clear, I have no knowledge or experience working with the FL staff and this is just the way that I understand how it currently works.
I can see on the Forum and Servers that SoulRipper don't have the engagement that he used to have on things that directly impacts the community, this is a problem if you lost your connection with the community which I think SoulRipper have.. and in my opinion more that's fair after all People Changes. Why is this a problem? Well it's a problem when you don't have a formal leadership that the staff can get instructions from due to the lack of unavailability. It also hinders the progress of FL, because if you're not on the servers or on the forum's then it's hard to relate to those things that really could use a change. Shout out to the development team, you have done a GREAT job lately and I'm not forgetting that. However without an engaged leader then that work will never truly get appreciated.  
My Idea:
What I would like to see is a structural redesign of Fearless Staff/Community. I believe that Soulripper should make a meeting with the staff and the entire staff should then vote about who should be the Head Administrator and then copy most of the access Soulripper have, to this elected Administrator. This is a win win for my point of view. 
  • Win for the Community due to the fact that we get an engaged "Leader" of the community that can help make this community better with the newly gotten access.
  • Win for SoulRipper, because he keeps having a stable community without the need for much of his engagement and just keep earning money in things like donator status and so on (Which I think he more than deserves, since he is the founder.. Just wanted to lay that out there)

DISCLAIMER: This threads purpose is in NO way an assault on anyone, and if someone feels that what I'm saying is offensive or just plain incorrectly then feel MORE than welcome to educated me, however do it in a civilized manner. Thanks guys. 

Extra Idea: I would love some more transparency in staff meetings in the sense of writing down what the Staff has talked about and the post it on the forum so people know what's going on. (this is just one example on how to improve transparency).  
The following 1 user Likes Davidson's post:
  • Ducky_
For all i know, Fultz is already the head administrator.
The following 1 user Likes FEaRIeZz's post:
  • MacTavish
*cough* super admins *cough*
The following 3 users Like Venom's post:
  • Safira, SirCrow, Benporium
The system works fine now compared to previous team-setups. Admins are given moderation duties and other secondary duties. Take myself and Diggy for example; we run community projects as liaison officers. Each SA has their role and are there for a reason. For example; Temar is an SA who manages the development team.
The reason we don't have one "head administrator" is to avoid situations where we have a power-hungry madman running the team.

Honestly the team is fine and you guys should have more faith in us as we're constantly discussing ways to improve the gamemode and community. Smile
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 6 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Tomo, Preditor, Fury, Enzyme, CommanderEcho, Benporium
Lmfao this isn't some darkrp server, we don't need no head admins and 14 co-owners. Works fine as it is. Raptor stated his issue is with soul. A structure change won't change Souls personality.
Pointless.
The following 4 users Like livkx's post:
  • Tomo, Matrix_, Roachy, Benporium
This is not a great idea, sorry mate. The staff structure works fine. Soul just needs to communicate more and the staff just needs to keep their whining internal. Our staff situation right now is really not as bad as it seems. But when the community gets 1 update and then a week of whining you can see how it would like worse. As Nac has stated, trust that the TEAM as a whole has it under control.
The following 2 users Like Rolorox's post:
  • Preditor, Benporium
(05-17-2015, 11:52 PM)FEaRIeZz Wrote: For all i know, Fultz is already the head administrator.

#Fultz4owner2k15
Lmfao this isn't some darkrp server, we don't need no head admins and 14 co-owners. Works fine as it is. Raptor stated his issue is with soul. A structure change won't change Souls personality.
Pointless.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 7 users Like ryan!'s post:
  • Venom, equal, Decay, SirCrow, Greed^, Pinky, Benporium
(05-18-2015, 03:02 AM)ryan! Wrote: Lmfao this isn't some darkrp server, we don't need no head admins and 14 co-owners. Works fine as it is. Raptor stated his issue is with soul. A structure change won't change Souls personality.
Pointless.

Id agree if this was your own statement and not a copypasted one from above.

Don't paste other peoples posts as if they are your own
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 4 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • ryan!, Davidson, Matrix_, Benporium
(05-18-2015, 03:50 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 03:02 AM)ryan! Wrote: Lmfao this isn't some darkrp server, we don't need no head admins and 14 co-owners. Works fine as it is. Raptor stated his issue is with soul. A structure change won't change Souls personality.
Pointless.

Id agree if this was your own statement and not a copypasted one from above.

Don't paste other peoples posts as if they are your own

oh, my bad
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]