/job Dictator

/addlaw cars are banned
/addlaw internet is banned
/addlaw suits are banned

!Kill dictator was killed by rebel 

---

Now, here's something different.

The event is very simple.
It will be a dictatorship, which will not last 15 minutes before a Freedom Fighter strolls into the Nexus with an M4. 
No, no. This will be the:

Fully established, long-standing,

Victrices Omnes Circa
"Conquering all"

The Family
The Nicodemus family has been in power since early 1800s. They have brought this great state of Evocity through the worst times in history. At the birth of each heir, all the crows in Evocity grew white feathers and transformed into majestic doves.
During the time of World War I, Vidar Nicodemus himself rode the now extinct Equus monoclonius and fought off 1000 armed men in combat.
The Nicodemus family are treated with the utmost respect by all notable figures throughout history, including Queen Victoria, Kim Jong Un, and Mahatma Gandhi.

-The History of Evocity within 198 Pages [This book has been approved by the Evocity Publications Association.]

The current family members of the Nicodemus family stand as follows:

Duncan Nicodemus - Our Great Leader. Crowned 12 years ago, he controls every aspect of our lives to ensure our wellbeing and safety.

George II Nicodemus - Abdicated to his eldest son - Duncan - after 37 years in power. He built up Evocity into what it is today.

Maria Nicodemus - The wife of Duncan, and mother of his sons.

George III Nicodemus - The heir to the throne, and eldest of the two sons; aged 16.

Henry Nicodemus - The youngest in the Nicodemus Legacy; aged 14.

Ancestry
All portraits are completely without fault and reflect true accuracy to their respective member.

[Image: george-bancroft.jpg][Image: Sg21nZT.jpg]
[Image: orlando-adrich-portrait.jpg][Image: 4hh0GKU.jpg]
[Image: AboutJimThorpe_image2-2u5q206ut6od70kj0gzzt6.jpg][Image: vBKCDfP.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4KzVyu7Ug50yiF5zz3B3...ZeGCcDs1sl]  [Image: XkwrtTc.jpg]
[Image: 3313552085_8ffea1a2d8.jpg]   [Image: jBsAAMb.jpg]
[Image: UufTWS0.png?1] [Image: jzMMd2V.jpg]

---
I tell you this within the strictest confidence. If I get the police knocking on my door to arrest me, I know who snitched.

History

Evocity didn't originally start out like it is today. There was liberty, freedom of speech, rights, all that. I mean sure, the government cut out a few details here and there, but, everywhere does that, right?

Anyways. On to the 1998 riots. People claimed they weren't getting enough money; too much was going into tax; Nicodemus ain't doing nothing; etc etc. It was like the whole city became one giant mob, man. Like, BP got its windows smashed - AMPM got looted for anything valuable. And it wasn't in jut one district either. District 2P, 2D, 33X and even B1 got affected. What's B1? Well, my friend, exactly. B1 got cut off. Nothing goes in no more. Far as we know, they're all dead.

So our 'great leader' put us into a state of emergency. A lockdown of sorts. He called the shots, got Evocity back on its feet again. 

The senate was just there, like, agreeing to what he said. Not much they could do. Eventually, he sent 'em home one night and they didn't come back. Nobody knows if they got sacked, the quit, or what.

But we ended up with ol' Georgey telling us what to do. For the most part, we just got on with it.

Evocity Now

17 years later and we're still in 'Emergency State'. George abdicated, and Duncan came to power. Duncan is absolutely clueless. He grew up watching his father run the state solo, and he's made it his absolute duty to keep himself in charge.

I'd call it a dictatorship... but I don't want to get exiled... y'know? 

The Government

[b]The Privy Council[/b]
  • Economic & Financial Advisor
This advisor will help the King with all issues related to money.
  • Media Advisor
This advisor will maintain the image of the King and Evocity, from education to television.
  • Welfare Advisor
This advisor is concerned with the people of Evocity. He influences health, culture, and living standards.
  • Military Advisor
Being the sergeant of the EDP, this advisor is in charge of defence, the military and the judiciary.

[b]Elite Defence Paramilitary (EDP)
[/b]

Primarily focused on the safety of the King, the EDP act as the King's private security. During rallies and parades, the EDP serves alongside the POA in keeping the population under control.

Public Order Authorities (POA)

Maintaining order in more corporal ways to the normal Peacekeepers, the POA are as loyal to the King as one can be. They patrol the streets, making sure nobody steps out of line or dare oppose the government in any shape or form.

Peacekeepers

The peacekeepers are Evocity's police force. Although one must be loyal to the King in order to perform this job, they are far more professional and civil about their job than the POA.

Out Of Character Information

This is an event which will happen in the near future. The reason being that it will not be like the DictatorRPs on the servers - citizens will obey the laws; observe lockdowns; Groups of freedom fighters won't form within 5 minutes.

There is one rule with this RP.

You cannot raid in the traditional way. 

This is how all dictatorships in-game end, which we're trying to avoid.

You may attempt assassination; sniping; backstabbing; arson; kidnapping; or any other forms or removal (if it's realistic), however the traditional molotov-the-nexus-security-and-mow-down-the-SRU-before-spraying-bullets-at-the-dictator will not be allowed.

This Dictatorship Event is focused on the civilian life and government, not on agressiveRP, so don't come into it ready to run in with molotovs.

Reading the laws will benefit hugely (though not necessary), and roleplay will be increased.

Date: 30 May 2015
Time:  9:30 am EDT  | 2:30 pm GMT | 9:30 pm GMT+8    

Job Applications were made here, and have all been filled. 

The following 6 users Like Safira's post:
  • Greed^, Suarez, Bowiii, Kippsee, MacTavish, Jericho
The Constitution
The State of Evocity and its people will uphold the sovereign and chief of the most esteemed family order, King Duncan Nicodemus, as the eternal Head of State; to defend and carry forward his ideas under the leadership of the Nicodemus Legacy.

This Constitution may be cited as the Constitution of Evocity.

#1 All citizens must firmly safeguard the political and ideological unity and solidarity of the people.

#2 The Evocity Flag must be flown at full mast from every privately owned property.

#3 Any verbal or physical protest against The King; State or Government is to be considered Treason and punishable as the King sees fit.

#4 All citizens must observe the 22:00 curfew. Failure to do so will result in detainment and interrogation.

#5 The Union Salute is to be the standard greeting for all. (Act Halt)

Head of State

#1 The Head Of State has a total power in governing the State.

#2 The Head Of State is to remain in power until he dies or abdicates.

#3 The Head Of State may rule by decree under Emergency Law.

#4 The Head Of State are to put together a government as they see fit.

#5 The Head Of State is exempt from any section of the Legislation.

Executive Authority

#1 The supreme executive authority of Evocity shall be His Majesty the King.

#1A His Majesty the King shall be the Prime Minister. 

#1B His Majesty the King shall be the Supreme Commander of the Evocity Armed Forces.

#2 His Majesty the King may appoint any number of Ministers and Deputy Ministers.

#3 The Ministers and Deputy Ministers shall be appointed by His Majesty the King and shall hold office for a period of 5 years.

#4 The Privy Council shall advise His Majesty the King on any amendment of any provision of this Constitution.

Public Order Authorities

#1 The Public Order Authorities (POA) are a governmental organization, and shall be respected as such.

#2 They hold the right to detain and punish public offenders as they see fit.

#3 The POA are exempt from the Offensive Weapons Article.

#4 Any assault on the POA is considered as Treason and the offender will be liable to conviction for up to 15 years.

#5 When approaching members of the POA, citizens must carry out the Union Salute.

Firearms and Offensive Weaponry

#1 No civilians may lawfully acquire, possess or transfer firearms or ammunition.

#2 It is an offence to carry or distribute an article with a point or blade. 

#3 A person who is guilty of an offence under subsection #1 or #2 is liable on conviction to 10 years imprisonment.

Traffic And Motor Offences 

#1 Failure to stop at a red light will result in a fine of $500 at the scene (failure to pay the fine will result in an arrest of 5 to 10 months). 

#2 Exceeding the speed limit of  30 mph will result in a fine of $750 at the scene (failure to pay the fine will result in an arrest of 6 to 10 months). 

#3 Driving without license is a punishable offence of up to 2 years imprisonment . 

#4 Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of an illegal substance is punishable of 3 to 5 years imprisonment.

#5 Failure to park in designated parking spots will result in the vehicle being impounded. 

#6 Government Officials may impound the vehicle at their own discretion.

#8 The release for all impounded vehicles is $1000.

#9 Public Transport will be provided by the government exclusively.

Narcotics 

#1 All forms of Narcotics and Drugs not authorised by the government are prohibited.

#2 The exportation and importation of narcotics are prohibited.

#3 If you are found to be in the possession of drugs you are liable to execution.

#4 The cultivation of a narcotic unless authorised by the government is considered to be an offence of subsection #3.

#5 All conditions of this act exclude government use and authorisation.

#6 The government retains the right to use narcotics in interrogation, sedation or other means.

Publication Law

#1 All publications must be approved by the government of Evocity.

#2 The editor must:
a) Have no previous offence record;
b) Hold Evocity Citizenship;
c) Be 21 years of age or older;
d) Hold membership in the Evocity Publication Association.

#3 Publications will be refused approval if:
a) They are misleading to the public;
b) Weakens the strength of the State; economy; culture; armed forces;
c) Offends the honor and dignity of the Government;
d) Is immoral for other reasons;

#4 The King may decree the removal of a publication if he deem it necessary for Public Welfare.

#5 All educational media will be provided by the government.

#6 All electronic media will be monitored by government officials and flagged if they do not comply with subclause #3.

Property Act

#1 All property is officially owned by the State.

#2 In order to obtain a lease, a person must:
a) Be a citizen of Evocity;
b) Have no previous offence record;
c) State their intentions for land use;

#3 Property owners are to pay a 15% land tax.

#4 The government holds the right to withdraw or shorten a lease.

#5 Property being used for illegal acts will be repossessed and their tenants sanctioned.

Societies, Associations and Corporations
#1 All non-governmental organisations must be members of the Board of Evocity Associates (BEA).

#2 Trade Unions are prohibited and are to be replaced by the Evocity Labour and Employment Society (ELES).

#3 All corporations are to pay a corporation tax of no less than 20% of their GDP.

#4 A corporation with a profit of more than $200,000,000 a year is to share all budgdet information with the government.

#5 The state will regularly send financial inspectors to supervise and monitor the economic activity of corporations.

#6 Small businesses are to have a special licence and keep open book keeping. The state will, if needed, send inspectors to supervise.

#7 Any society or association created with intent to undermine the King, State or Government will be immediately shut down.

#8 Members of societies or associations mentioned subclause #7 will be arrested and tried for treason.

#9 Any person who is unemployed for more than 3 months is obliged to work for ELES until alternative employment is found.

The following 2 users Like Safira's post:
  • Kippsee, Davidson
i want to join and become a POA/peacekkeper member
how to apply?
How do I apply? xD
This looks amazing. I'd probably attend as one of the civilians. I can't wait for this event to begin.

Either way, which server?
(05-21-2015, 07:08 AM)D Bowie R. Wrote: This looks amazing. I'd probably attend as one of the civilians. I can't wait for this event to begin.

Right now, it's looking like it will be 33x.
It's not as detached as V2D, plus easier to 'control' than V2P.

I'm needing some experienced builders, if anybody (nevlok) would like to help!

The following 1 user Likes Safira's post:
  • Bowiii
(05-21-2015, 08:54 AM)Safira Wrote:
(05-21-2015, 07:08 AM)D  Bowie R. Wrote: This looks amazing. I'd probably attend as one of the civilians. I can't wait for this event to begin.

Right now, it's looking like it will be 33x.
It's not as detached as V2D, plus easier to 'control' than V2P.

I'm needing some experienced builders, if anybody (nevlok) would like to help!

Error 404: v2p does not exist
The following 2 users Like Jericho's post:
  • Safira, Voluptious
does the constitution mean that crowbars are allowed?
Hello.
I have applied and was accepted for a peacekeeper however a recent thing has happened IRL which may prevent me from attending. I will try as hard as possible to join in with this event However it may not be possible.
Sorry for such short notice but I was only informed today.
This looks really good i would love to apply as peacekeeper Smile