Help
I'm new to the server and it isn't letting me on everytime i have tried to go on the server my garrys mod has shut down & i have downloaded the map can anyone help me out
Any kind of errors, logs, anything you can provide us with? How far does it reach when loading?
Loads up all the way as if its going to actually play the game then it just cuts off
It starts off like "downloading settings/spawnlist/letters.txt"
then completes a few more downloads then goes to "sending client info..." all the way up till theres 2 bars left then my screen goes black and garrys mod is gone
Hmmmm.....Maybe try going into options (In Gmod) go to Multiplayer>go to the bottom where there us a drop down menu>disable all downloads. This means you have to download everything manually. If it doesn't work tell me Smile
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
Standard Protocol time.

>Try to verify steam cache of Garrysmod
see if that helps
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • MacTavish
(04-20-2015, 10:37 PM)TheMJ Wrote: Hmmmm.....Maybe try going into options (In Gmod) go to Multiplayer>go to the bottom where there us a drop down menu>disable all downloads. This means you have to download everything manually. If it doesn't work tell me Smile

Do this first, and report back please.
I tried what you say but it didn't come up disable all downloads so i clicked "Do not download any custom files" and tried going onto the server but this did not work, anyone else got any other options?
Now try Diggy's suggestion.

Right Click Garrys Mod > Go to Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

This will re-install any missing files and should fix any issues.
It is now working , i have downloaded all the content but it is coming up ALOT off errors and purple and black squares