a question
Hi I'm wondering what's the difference between removing a ban and lifting it? Is lifting a ban like shortening it? So if a ban is lifted it just means someone has still broke the rules and is accused but the admins have shortened the ban time?
                                 Sincerely, Himalaya Eater       
[Image: wallpaper_far_cry_4_01.jpg]
                                                  +REP
I'm not 100% sure but I think lifting means being in a ban period and having it stopped. Removing it means having it taken off your record. As I said not 100% sure.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
(04-06-2015, 10:23 AM)TheMJ Wrote: I'm not 100% sure but I think lifting means being in a ban period and having it stopped. Removing it means having it taken off your record. As I said not 100% sure.

Correct, ban lifted means that the ban timer is set to 0, but the ban remains on record. Removing it removes the ban time and the record of it.
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
The following 1 user Likes Voluptious's post:
  • TheMJ
(04-06-2015, 10:42 AM)Voluptious Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 10:23 AM)TheMJ Wrote: I'm not 100% sure but I think lifting means being in a ban period and having it stopped. Removing it means having it taken off your record. As I said not 100% sure.

Correct, ban lifted means that the ban timer is set to 0, but the ban remains on record. Removing it removes the ban time and the record of it.

So basically it means I'm still guilty of breaking the rules?
                                 Sincerely, Himalaya Eater       
[Image: wallpaper_far_cry_4_01.jpg]
                                                  +REP
There is a difference between the removal of a ban and the shortening of a ban.

An administrator will usually decide the best course of action on a case by case basis, but typically you can expect the following:

Players can expect the removal of the ban when:
-The ban was found completely invalid (the player did not break any rules and thus has no reason to remain on record).

Bans are usually kept on record, even if a ban appeal is approved, when the ban was valid, but upon review the administrator feels that it should remain on record so other staff members can see the degree of punishment issued (usually when deciding the length of the next ban or other recommendations).
This can be if the administrator feels you have learnt your lesson, or the ban was perhaps too harsh, or even returning from a permanent ban.

Although, as I have already said, it is a case by case basis and there aren't really any rules about it.
Regards,
aviator