RE Clan
Posted a similar question before, but never gained full clarification on the matter, nor any potential limits, and so I'd like official response to this question outlining the limits of the intended RP, if allowed at all.

I've been wanting to create a terrorist themed clan for a while, likely to have Arabic influence amongst it, but it would be more cult-like. 
The 'extreme' side of the clan's RP would mostly be limited to the clan thread and role-play thread. These events would include bombings, massacres and executions, mostly presented in either a News report style video, or a 'Home made video'. I understand this could potentially be offensive, but with the right disclaimers within the thread, I'm sure I could find a way around it?

In the servers, the clan's activity would centre around illicit, and somewhat violent RP. This could include, but not necessarily limited to Drug trafficking and growing, Weapons smuggling, Occasional bomb rp (Perhaps with admin permission?), Human trafficking (Getting banned people into the city, such as rebels in the event of a dictator), and if the situation were to arise, maybe small events such as public executions.

I understand the nature of this clan would seem very aggressive, but it would open the door for other clans to get involved, as well as a great deal of passive RP potential. All RP would be undertaken strictly within the rules, and avoid any reference of current and past conflict in the world, as well as other terrorist events and organizations.
To put this simply, Can I run a strictly controlled Terrorist clan, which operates within the rules? (I'd be happy to be accountable for any offensive actions undertaken by any clan members. This would be an incentive for me to ensure my members are checked in what they can and can't do, meaning that any offences as a result of this potential clan would be mitigated. 

I'd like to keep this thread as straight forward as possible, so I ask that non-staff opinions be kept to a minimum.  In additon to this, if possible I would like multiple staff opinions in order to add credability to the clan, without having to deal with an admin situation every time I RP. 

Thanks.
A more fitting signature. 
Honestly, anyone who gets offended by a bunch of teenagers pretending to be terrorists on a Garry's Mod roleplay server needs to get a life.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 8 users Like Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • Jericho, Suarez, Safira, SourLemon, konsta, Roachy, Falc, Chumps
(04-05-2015, 01:51 AM)Ms. Mudpie Wrote: Honestly, anyone who gets offended by a bunch of teenagers pretending to be terrorists on a Garry's Mod roleplay server needs to get a life.

I do share a similar opinion, but Fearless is somewhat PC in it's outlook in general. 
(04-05-2015, 01:51 AM)Ms. Mudpie Wrote: Honestly, anyone who gets offended by a bunch of teenagers pretending to be terrorists on a Garry's Mod roleplay server needs to get a life.

Think it might be more in regards to the ethical side, from the administrators perspective. But what do I know...
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Jono
Not being funny, I was asked by an admin to remove an Isreali Flag on the side of nexus before, as it was 'Offensive'.

That is why i'm asking about this, so before I waste my time making videos, and writing my clan thread, I can know the limits of it. You dig me
(04-05-2015, 02:01 AM)Jono Wrote: Not being funny, I was asked by an admin to remove an Isreali Flag on the side of nexus before, as it was 'Offensive'.

That makes no sense, it's almost like it's more offensive to have it removed (for no apparent reason). Oh well.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I know you asked for admin responses mainly, and I'll delete this comment if you wish.
(04-05-2015, 01:35 AM)Jono Wrote: I've been wanting to create a terrorist themed clan for a while, likely to have Arabic influence amongst it, but it would be more cult-like. 
Why Arabic?
I fear this is where you will receive a LOT of hate and offence being taken.

You want to form a Terrorist Clan, and one of the factors in it being so is that it has an Arabic Influence on it.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, and you want to make a clan who was 'inspired' or whatever by the events in the Middle East, or that's where it just so happens to be. But what people may assume is that: in order for it to be a Terrorist Group, it needs to be Arab influenced.

I can't think of a good equivalent, but the closest I can think of is making a German Influenced Anti-Semitic Clan.

I fully agree that a terrorist clan would be very interesting for roleplay purposes, but you would be dancing on thin ice, by making it Arabic. The best you could do perhaps is ask someone from that region to help establish it, so that you steer clear of the stereotypes.

The following 2 users Like Safira's post:
  • Baskingner, GRiiM
I mean there are many terrorist groups throughout history, all throughout the world, what's going on in the Middle East nowadays is just the same what Europe was doing for 500 years until recently, just take the war between Protestants and Catholics for example, the only reason people are offended by the events is because it is recent in what people believe to be a civilised world, your better off just picking some random country and build a unique background. try stay away from current affairs in FL as it may cause upset and seem insensitive to those who are suffering.
The following 1 user Likes Smex's post:
  • Safira
I think you two are speculating over what exactly I said, and what I mean, which was partly the reason why I asked for only a staff response.

I never said Arabic themed, I said it would have Arabic influence. This means that (Mainly) buildings would be of Arabic decent. All other parts of the potential clan are still somewhat undecided, which is why I'm asking the limits of what I can, and can't do. I even said I'm not brining in real life conflicts in any way, and not giving any mention of religion, as to keep the butthurt-ness to a minimum.

I'm basically recreating, but putting my own spin onto the 'GLA' from Generals. IF you're unfamiliar with it, it is a terroristic militia organization, which comes from somewhere in the middle east, never specified where. It also does not specify religion.

This video shows a short extract of game-play, which may be slightly useful in understanding what exactly I'm planning.

The following 3 users Like Jono's post:
  • Greed^, Villain,
(04-05-2015, 10:21 AM)Jono Wrote: I think you two are speculating over what exactly I said, and what I mean, which was partly the reason why I asked for only a staff response.

I never said Arabic themed, I said it would have Arabic influence. This means that (Mainly) buildings would be of Arabic decent. All other parts of the potential clan are still somewhat undecided, which is why I'm asking the limits of what I can, and can't do. I even said I'm not brining in real life conflicts in any way, and not giving any mention of religion, as to keep the butthurt-ness to a minimum.

I'm basically recreating, but putting my own spin onto the 'GLA' from Generals. IF you're unfamiliar with it, it is a terroristic militia organization, which comes from somewhere in the middle east, never specified where. It also does not specify religion.

This video shows a short extract of game-play, which may be slightly useful in understanding what exactly I'm planning.

Loved dis game.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Jono