BMW restoration project
(04-09-2015, 08:54 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: The new weapons were delayed because of many bugs with the FA:S system. We're almost ready with the weapon pack on a different system.
Is there anyone here who can get the current BMW into a modeling program such as 3DSMAX, then apply the textures Noble made (I have the vtf's) and then recompile it to Gmod again?

Didn't Noble create new UV Unwraps for the model? 
You can't apply the new textures to the old model without getting Noble's UV Unwrap data from decompiling his model.
(04-09-2015, 10:04 AM)GRiiM Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 08:54 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: The new weapons were delayed because of many bugs with the FA:S system. We're almost ready with the weapon pack on a different system.
Is there anyone here who can get the current BMW into a modeling program such as 3DSMAX, then apply the textures Noble made (I have the vtf's) and then recompile it to Gmod again?

Didn't Noble create new UV Unwraps for the model? 
You can't apply the new textures to the old model without getting Noble's UV Unwrap data from decompiling his model.

Yes I did since the old mapping wasn't going to work for the level of detail I was attempting to achieve. You need to know what the problem is before you can begin attempting to fix it as the model can be spawned fine into Gmod, not to mention I just stated I still had the 3DS Max file saved a few posts up.

Tell me what is causing the problem is between the model and the script and I can begin attempting to fix it.
I'd just like to tell you that I like to see you all work hard on the server. Really appreciate all this effort put in to this Smile
People like you and some roleplayers make me want to stay around
The following 3 users Like Joulle's post:
  • equal, James_Gaff, Tomo
I believe I've found the reason for the fatal crashes when used with the script, can't be entirely sure since I cannot see the script.

Quoted from developer.valvesoftwares.com:

Quote:Each vehicle requires a script to function properly. Nearly all the vehicle traits can be controlled via the script. A vehicle script which lacks a definition for any variable will simply default it's value based on the hard code. A variable placed in the wrong block will cause a fatal crash.

I'll need to see what variables are listed in the script as that would explain the fatal crash, should look something like this:

Code:
"vehicle"
{
  "body"
  {
     "massCenterOverride" "0 0 0"
     "massoverride" "800"
     "addgravity" "0.33"
  }
  Rest goes here...
}

Update:

Thanks to GRiiM I was able to get the animations fixed as they had seemed to have been broken during the import to 3DS Max and the updated model is working fine in-game (I'll reach out to Soul to have him test with the script before I fix the UV maps).

GRiiM, Wood, and I have been testing the model and it still seems to be having issues with the vehicle script, even with no changes being made. Still trying to find the issue.
The following 4 users Like Noble's post:
  • GRiiM, Joulle, Enzyme, Falcon
Alright, I'm glad the project is getting continued.

Also, because I want to listen to the community, the new BMW will also be ingame.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 5 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Brennan, equal, Tawee, Tomo, Benporium
(04-11-2015, 10:50 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Alright, I'm glad the project is getting continued.

Also, because I want to listen to the community, the new BMW will also be ingame.

[Image: 1327921147451.gif]
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 5 users Like equal's post:
  • livkx, Chumps, SirCrow, James_Gaff, Benporium
Minor bump.

It's been like a month.
The following 6 users Like James_Gaff's post:
  • Matrix_, Nyander, Suarez, Tomo, livkx, Tawee
Can any of the contributors or staff fill us in on if this is still happening? Was really looking forward to the BMW being updated and it seems like its either postponed or not happening? Sad
Haven't touched the project for quite some time. With Mavis' help I managed to find the collision problem that is occurring but am unsure of how to fix it. Even got in contact with arleitiss about it and we didn't have much luck, although that was before Mavis identified the area of the model having issues.
The following 1 user Likes Noble's post:
  • Tomo
As long as the BMW stays as awesome, or gets even better, Im happy with it!