AMD Overclocking help please?
You might have a bad-bin card, meaning a card with somewhat low OC potential at the stock voltage. Generally OCing from the BIOS is more stable, so it's also worth trying that. So: BIOS, you may have to boost Vcore voltage, amongst other things (find a guide for your specific CPU), and be careful with heat and run stress tests (prime95 is a good place to start).

I've got my i5 2500k from 3.3ghz to 4.5ghz stable with low temps, and did that through BIOS, but it's a completely different chipset and brand, so I don't know how much use this may be to you.
(03-24-2015, 01:13 AM)Faustie Wrote: You might have a bad-bin card, meaning a card with somewhat low OC potential at the stock voltage. Generally OCing from the BIOS is more stable, so it's also worth trying that. So: BIOS, you may have to boost Vcore voltage, amongst other things (find a guide for your specific CPU), and be careful with heat and run stress tests (prime95 is a good place to start).

I've got my i5 2500k from 3.3ghz to 4.5ghz stable with low temps, and did that through BIOS, but it's a completely different chipset and brand, so I don't know how much use this may be to you.

Thanks! I'll try to do it through the BIOS.
(03-24-2015, 02:18 AM)Fiddlestiiicks Wrote:
(03-24-2015, 01:13 AM)Faustie Wrote: You might have a bad-bin card, meaning a card with somewhat low OC potential at the stock voltage. Generally OCing from the BIOS is more stable, so it's also worth trying that. So: BIOS, you may have to boost Vcore voltage, amongst other things (find a guide for your specific CPU), and be careful with heat and run stress tests (prime95 is a good place to start).

Thanks! I'll try to do it through the BIOS.

Faustie summed it up completely, only run the clock up a tiny bit to avoid having to test your CPU completely and altering the voltage, because that's a pain in the ass.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor