Projects undertaken by Mavis Dracula
Quote:This post from Soul really annoyed me to see that the owner does not seem to have a say...
"The opinions on this case were split, the opening post have been corrected. I don't support it personally either."

The team works as a democracy. My vote has just as much say as any supervising administrator, hence Soul's comment.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
If this is going to turn into a discussion could an admin move to the proper place? Unless it is against Mavis' will then close it, up to him.
He done wrong and got punished for it, yes it has had knock on effects to everybody within the community but obviously what he done isn't accepted. I'm sure the updates will be done eventually by somebody else.
(03-16-2015, 05:14 PM)Nacreas Wrote:
Quote:This post from Soul really annoyed me to see that the owner does not seem to have a say...
"The opinions on this case were split, the opening post have been corrected. I don't support it personally either."

The team works as a democracy. My vote has just as much say as any supervising administrator, hence Soul's comment.

Yeah, but that post was so unnecessary though. Like.. why lock the thread if he can say his opinion?

What he did was wrong and personally I see the demotion just. Hopefully someone will be able to become an (active) dev soon.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • James_Gaff, SirCrow
Where is post?
Way to go, first letting him work his ass off then getting rid of him.
The following 5 users Like Jan's post:
  • James_Gaff, Blurr, MacTavish, Tzimanious, Matrix_
Just found it? What does clientside tools mean?
(03-16-2015, 05:56 PM)Jan Wrote: Way to go, first letting him work his ass off then getting rid of him.

That's such ambiguous reply. No matter how much you contribute, if you mess up considerably then actions should be taken. We don't wanna be biased.. now do we?
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(03-16-2015, 05:26 PM)Mustang Wrote: He done wrong and got punished for it, yes it has had knock on effects to everybody within the community but obviously what he done isn't accepted. I'm sure the updates will be done eventually by somebody else.

Who though? Name me someone who can gain the trust to have gamemode access and who will be willing to code actively for free, and show real dedication. Mavis was what FL needed.

I'm not saying Mavis didn't mess up, he made a stupid mistake but demoting him demotes any form of active development, and even stops me from coding updates. Just remain calm and let this calm down, then a rational discussion can take place as this'll turn into everyone arguing like hell then regretting it when they get forum warnings later on.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I think that the contributor team should be a proper "team" that is on the forums team list and this team works with a dev or a staff member that can implement their codes for updates e.g Wood is a great guy and works hard to code for FL which then Mavis would add his codes such as the radio. Wood would be a contributor and would work with a staff member or a dev to code and work on the beta server and then have it added to the game so Wood can work on the approved suggestions so that they are done quicker. Hope this makes sense...
The following 2 users Like Blurr's post:
  • Wood, Benporium