Map Assessments
(03-22-2015, 06:50 AM)Suarez Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 03:34 AM)Rolorox Wrote: I am starting to get on a idea with Rickets. A potential amazing idea that could just make our server unreal. We think that we should just get rid of the 3 servers, (since 2 never are full and everyone wants to be on 33x) and we use this big map, as one server. With like 150 people + on it. 200 even. I think not only would it be alot better to have that many people for a bigger server, but it would make it so the whole community could all play together. Just an idea, I think we should try it one day.

1 server with 200 slots? The staff were stretched enough at 75 player slots how can 1 admin or so deal with 200 people's problems? Personally, I think the separate servers are great as they are. Think about the mess it would create? You also mention that "everyone wants to be on 33x". Wrong, I prefer v2d to 33x by a long shot.
That's one of the points they won't be stretched out as you will have all the staff on 1 server instead of 3.
I'd actually would want to try a huge map with 150/200 ish players on it (75x3=225, so doable). I think it might actually increase the player experience.. maybe have littletown as a side map with 20 ish slots?
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 3 users Like Floodify's post:
  • livkx, MacTavish, Sauce
(03-22-2015, 03:59 PM)Floodify Wrote: I'd actually would want to try a huge map with 150/200 ish players on it (75x3=225, so doable). I think it might actually increase the player experience.. maybe have littletown as a side map with 20 ish slots?

I'd love to see how this works, it seems like a great idea.
-Support for Chaos City, desert area is very blocky and seems cheap, although lake is pretty nice. Also, apartments seem just plopped there. +Support for Rockford, very nice buildings and astetically (Butchered that word) pleasing, would become my main.
(The idea of one server is brilliant, I love the idea and would like to see it implemented for a week, just to try it out.)
Kind Regards,
Mr.UnionSniper
Proud Donor

To the 150-200 player idea: Remember, the server has enough trouble handling the 75 players, especially since the new update. I would love it too, but I just dont think its a very good idea...
About 200 players im only worried about where would they live, theres not enough apartments or suburban houses even for 50 players!
(03-22-2015, 05:04 PM)Mr.UnionSniper Wrote: -Support for Chaos City, desert area is very blocky and seems cheap, although lake is pretty nice. Also, apartments seem just plopped there. +Support for Rockford, very nice buildings and astetically (Butchered that word) pleasing, would become my main.
(The idea of one server is brilliant, I love the idea and would like to see it implemented for a week, just to try it out.)

Rockford is all blocky itself.
I see rockford is up now! Will give this a whirl...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=328735094
Map testing of Rockford put on hold for technical reasons, we're going to find a better version of the map, as the one we had was buggy as hell, hopefully the one we tried was not the actual one.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Well, I like Chaos City, Littletown looks too European (No offense), and is just.. little. Rockford, is a buggy mess, and is huge, so my vote is for Chaos City. I think we should replace our current v33x server with Chaos City, as it is just a perfect map, and it is very similar to v33x.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • MacTavish