Material Tool Gun / Tilde CTD
Hi folks,

Both of these issues started occuring more or less at the same time a few days back. 

Material Toolgun Bug:
The toolgun fires and hits the prop, having no effect whatsoever and not changing the material (tools with the similar programming such as the colour tool still work). Other players on Fearless (not reported anywhere else on the net) have also reported this issue.

I have verified integrity cache, tried singleplayer and disabled all addons to no avail. I have had the same GMOD install for around 4 years with minimal issues.

Tilde Crash to Desktop:
Whenever I press the tilde key while on the server, it crashes my game to the desktop. I cannot do any /acts in console now without a crash to the desktop. As a whole, I cannot press tilde without a crash to the desktop. 

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful. 
[Image: source.gif]
Problem resolved.

For anyone having the same problem, do the following:

Material Fix (Problem was due to glitched DirectX level causing certain graphical elements to malfunction):
  1. Add -dxlevel 110 in the command line (right click Gmod, Properties, Set Launch Options)
  2. Launch GMOD, open advanced video options , DirectX 11 should be set as your hardware DirectX level (You will have access to the highest GMOD graphics settings)
  3. Configure your settings according (Max it out if you wish)
  4. Close your game, remove the startup parameter from step 1 and relaunch
  5. Join your favourite Fearless Server!
(THIS FIX ALSO SOLVED ALL MY OTHER FEARLESS GRAPHICAL GLITCHES!)

Tilde Fix (Problem was due to bind conflict):
  1. While at the main menu, open your console using the tilde key (shouldn't crash while at menu)
  2. Type 'unbind `' and it will unbind the tilde key from all current binds (Mine was actually set to console, 3rd person and a bunch of other random functions)
  3. Go to your Options > Keyboard and set 'Toggle Console' to `
  4. Your console bind will function like normal and no longer crash your game to desktop
  5. Join your favourite Fearless Server!
[Image: source.gif]
The following 2 users Like The Crack Fox's post:
  • Nihl, A_Grape
Both fixes worked! I'm am very gratefull for this post as it solves so many issues I had before.
Thank you so much The Crack Fox! I really appreciate it! Works!