Crash when shooting.
When ever I play on the 'rp_evocity_v2d' server, I seem to have a big issue. Once I join and play for a couple of minutes, if someone fires a gun I crash (That's how I almost always crash on that server.) All other servers are fine, but this one. I check the crash log, but I can't make anything out of it, it only shows me my task manager in text... If you can help me, I would be more then grateful. - Thanks.
Have you done the usual stuff like valdidating game files or restarting your computer?
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
You know I'm having the same issue however I don't crash I just get this HUGE lag spike and almost always loss a gun fight/raid, over it.

I do get some kinda error in Console I'll have to check on it.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:41099431&b=9]
The following 1 user Likes DarkAngelx's post:
  • MacTavish
SWEP:SetWeaponHoldType - ActIndex[ "" ] isn't set! (defaulting to normal)

this is what pops up. I actually posted about this a year ago but no one was any help.

Maybe a staff member can help us out?...

Thanks.
No, thats not a critical error, thats just a warning that a variable is set to the default value, should cause any lag
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Try purging your addons, I used to have this on another server, got rid of all my Weapon addons and then it worked fine.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
I have the same problem, it started after the latest gmod update. I was raiding the rebels. We were shooting at each other. Half the police force and like the entire rebel force crashed.
Kind Regards
Lucifer, your private demon.
The following 1 user Likes Demonic's post:
  • MacTavish
Let's keep in mind that GMod is a poorly optimised game with poorly written addons. Bundle those two facts into a huge server with a big load that causes stress on clientside and serverside, there's your issue. When (Or rather due to recent events, if) the FA:S weapons are added, we're all cushty. Until then, this is a major issue. Have you tried lowering certain graphics settings? Try playing around with those. I'd also recommend trying out the following launch options (Courtesy of SoulRipper)
Code:
+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 3145728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 -w 1600 -h 900 -windowed +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16

These options will need to be modified to your personal needs, including the window size and heapsize (RAM dedication). If you need more help with those see Soul's original thread:

Spoiler :

Hope this helps in some way.
Don't shoot ? [Image: Mentle.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
LivKX

Thanks for this I'm not too sure how to do all that purging and what not and where to even add that code.

Marty

Thanks for that useless piece of info
Be happy you've been the first person to be added to my block list.
Congrats.

If anyone could make a quick guide on how to do a few things to get rid of that lag while shooting, that would be awesome.

Thanks so much!