Keeps downloading content every time I join
Hi, I've been playing the FL severs for a while now and I think they are fantastic but every time I join I have to download hundreds of files, taking up to 5-10 minutes. I've downlaoded the content pack from this website and extracted it via WinRAR, it asked me to replace files and I replaced everything but it still downloads hundreds of files.

This really takes up a lot of time and lags my internet majorly, I would appreciate some help with this issue.

I should probably also mention that I don't have the Half-Life games so I see pink and black square textures normally but I'm used to that.

Thanks Smile
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Well you either put the files in the wrong place or I cannot help ya.
Then again... I am usually no help.

Tell me where you extracted the files?
(09-10-2011, 04:05 PM)Dr. Noobias Wrote: Well you either put the files in the wrong place or I cannot help ya.
Then again... I am usually no help.

Tell me where you extracted the files?

I extracted the files (not the entire folder, which was called garrysmod, instead i extracted the three individual folders: sound, materials and models or something) into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\SilentGamer\garrysmod\garrysmod
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea

This is how to download the content pack correctly... If that doest work i don't know what to do.. :p

EDIT: Lol forgot the link.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJUKKJe32h4
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
If it doesnt work with the gmod/gmod folder put it into addons sometimes it works correctly afterwards (found it out when accidentally cleared the folder except addons) Cheese
Also Storm's mom is a hottie and Andreas and King Guami do her all day every day. -In memory of the biggest Troll Thread in FL history
None of that worked... Sad

oh the pink and black squares do you have CSS if not then you need to get it if yes then reinstall gmod so it automounts it
Also Storm's mom is a hottie and Andreas and King Guami do her all day every day. -In memory of the biggest Troll Thread in FL history
(09-11-2011, 01:27 PM)Dylanco1 Wrote: oh the pink and black squares do you have CSS if not then you need to get it if yes then reinstall gmod so it automounts it

CSS being source games like half life etc.? no i don't. if i get them do i need to reinstall gmod?

no once you download CSS just CSS the base HL2 things you need are built in it will mount it and voila bye bye pink and black textures.
God it looks like one of you have posted five short posts in a row.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles