Ban inconsistencies
(01-03-2015, 01:29 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: The function of point 5 is to prevent endless discussions in OOC/PM about a punishment. You will have to listen to the admin if he gives you an order. There should be rule enforcers on the server which have more power, otherwise it will become a mess.  If you think it's unfair, we've the courthouse section containing (un)ban requests and admin abuse.

Well, courthouse is pretty much useless actually. No one cares about ban or unban requests. How do I know? Well, let's take a look:
Unban requests - 3 pages of requests this is the last page (Although, most of them has admins respones)
Ban requests - 4 pages of requests this is the last page

I asked 2 admins to review ban request that I posted after 3 days of no respond from the admin team. First admin told me it will get sorted out, second admin told me the same and "Ban requests are extremely boring to review so no one does it"

I would also like to talk about the problem of ban requests and why there are so many players breaking NLR and RDMing for revenge. If some player RDMed you and there is no admin online, what can you do? Well, if you don't have a recording software and computer good enough to be able to record, you can go f*ck yourself. If you are lucky and you do have both of these things, great! You can spend rest of the night editing, rendering,uploading video and writing a long-ass BR on that player and if you get lucky, 2 weeks+ from now that player may end up getting banned for a week. You won! Or did you? Why would one bother doing all of this, going through all the troubles when it's much easier just to go back and kill the guy who is breaking the rules? Also, don't forgot there are no refunds for stuff that rulebreaker did. So if you and 4 more people lost 5 sets of contraband, money, pots and weed you are not getting these back.
The following 2 users Like tYn0_SK's post:
  • Sgtbender2000, Haarek
Before I upgraded, my computer was going on 8 years old. It was nothing more than trash. My computer was able to recording gameplay. It wasn't the best, and I didn't have 10 webpages up, but it did the job. It made gameplay recordings for ban requests. There are TONS of recording software. Most are free! Don't tell me that some people honestly have THAT much of a problem with running recording software. You can record your gameplay INGAME. (record <demoname>)

I have absolutely no problem doing ban requests. I have no gain, but it's getting the rule breakers off the servers (Or at least punishing them with blacklists.)
If you want ban requests done quickly, give us SOLID evidence that the player did in fact break rules. Don't give us a single screenshot of you being on the ground dead and say "So and so did this and killed me." We can tell nothing of the situation from screen shots like this.

If an admin is on the server, don't pester him with ban requests. We'll get to them once we get to them. We like to enjoy our time in the servers as well, we're not all that different from you all. We're spammed with requests IN the servers as it is. We're trying out best to get everyone sorted and dealt with properly, and STILL trying to have fun.

If you want courthouse posts done quickly, follow the rules within the section.
Use the template, get all the information that is require for said template. You will never understand how much easier this makes ban requests. Don't post a ban request for 8 different players in the same ban request. Don't write an essay for us to read, only to understand two sentences. Try to keep your comments short and informative. Give us evidence. Obviously we have logs, and we're able to look into these if we NEED to do it. We shouldn't need to look into the logs in every ban request to find if the player is breaking rules or not.

As many other team members have said, this is 100% voluntary. We're not your slaves, we'll do what needs to be done within a time frame (Most of the time) that is acceptable and fits within our time schedules. Most of us have work, school, ect. to do during the day. I speak for myself; FearlessRP is NOT my top priority, and NEVER will be. I have my own life to attend to. Keep in mind, this is a Garry's Mod community. A community made for video games.

We're people too. We're not robots.

As for what this posts attends to, I agree. We need to be consistent with our punishments, and not bias AT ALL. If a player breaks the rules, that player needs to be dealt with accordingly. We need an updated Q&A with the final decision- Being discussed and the rule being approved, instead of one person answering without any other conversation. We all need to get on the same page with rules.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 2 users Like SirCrow's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy, BlackDog