Building a new pc.
(12-26-2014, 08:41 AM)BlackForestAdam Wrote: If people are interested, here are the parts i will probably end up using

CPU: AMD FX-6300
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 280
Ram: 8GB
SSD:128GB
HDD:1TB
Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme4

hmmm AMD huh? I personally think Nvidia is more optimized for gaming..
I use AMD and they more than often work completly fine with games, if anything sometimes better. When Watch Dogs came out a lot of Nvidia users couldn't even get above 10FPS, whereas most AMD users were fine, including myself.

It all depends what you want, I wouldn't go around slagging off AMD, they are pretty good.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(12-26-2014, 12:11 PM)Wood Wrote: I use AMD and they more than often work completly fine with games, if anything sometimes better. When Watch Dogs came out a lot of Nvidia users couldn't even get above 10FPS, whereas most AMD users were fine, including myself.
It all depends what you want, I wouldn't go around slagging off AMD, they are pretty good.
there are plusses and minuses to both
personally I use an i5 4670k w/Nivdia Gtx760 because of the overclocking abilities plus the reliability, and personally i can get a solid sixty on max settings for most games I play, or at least on high, watch dogs included.
A lot of AMD CPUs are widely reagrded as less powerful than those of intel, there is a reason for this, but Im not smart enough to know. 
As for AMD GPUs I think theyre great and work well, although I prefer Nvidia cards.
My advice is depending  on your budget, dont skimp on last gen products for your rig, especially CPU and GPU becuase they will most liekly be the things you'll keep longest, aside from the case.
for  sub £500 builds go for a AMD Fx with a R290 and thatll work well
for above that go for a i5 4690K with a Gtx 970, theyre some of the best on the market at the moment and im hoping to buy a 970 when I can

I hope that helps a little, im not very sure about lots of techical stuff but there is lots of sites that can help yuo with that Cheese
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 1 user Likes Barkles's post:
  • Jono
Feelin a bit trolled now. Decided to look for geforce gtx 750ti instead, found a good one, started working out the rest, came to a total of 570€
then literally found a pc on Amazon with the Exact specs i was going for (even a 1.5TB HDD instead of 1TB (no ssd)) for 519€ add an ssd: ca 560 + it already has an OS... Really not sure now. Kinda want to build my own, but kinda doesnt make sence.
Link to the pc
http://www.amazon.de/Gaming-PC-Computer-...211&sr=1-1
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
Make sure your graphics card is suitable with your CPU, otherwise it will be louder than a Nokia 3310 on an amplifier connected to a rattlesnake which is biting a rastamouse playing bongos.
It'll be loud and annoying.
Sig by Dex. Check it here!
(12-26-2014, 09:24 PM)BlackForestAdam Wrote: Feelin a bit trolled now. Decided to look for geforce gtx 750ti instead, found a good one, started working out the rest, came to a total of 570€
then literally found a pc on Amazon with the Exact specs i was going for (even a 1.5TB HDD instead of 1TB (no ssd)) for 519€ add an ssd: ca 560 + it already has an OS... Really not sure now. Kinda want to build my own, but kinda doesnt make sence.
Link to the pc
http://www.amazon.de/Gaming-PC-Computer-...211&sr=1-1

A 128GB SSD is around £50, which is why the amazon build is cheaper as it lacks one.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I'm pretty sure you could get a 3GB GPU for the price of that 750Ti
I realise that wood, what i mean is that it would be cheaper even if i bought an SSD and added it. + the HDD has 1.5TB instead of 1TB
I see, are some of the parts a different make possibly?
Kind Regards,
Wood.
yes they are but even the parts i chose were fairly inexpensive, all things concidered