Joining bug
Title of Bug: Joining Bug

Description: Whenever I try to join the server I just get looped into "Sending Client Info" and after
a while I get disconnected for "timed out" which is really annoying. I rarely can join and that's only if I leave my computer and don't press anything which is hard for me since I like to go on websites on my second monitor while joining the server. I've re-installed my Gmod 3 times, deleted all my addons, verified game cache and all that but it just doesn't work. It has never happened before and has been only recently.
[Image: unknown.png]
What are your pc specs? it might have something to do with your pc not being able to cope with loading the server + browsing the web.
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
Yeah, this is a clientside bug rather than serverside. What I do as I run on a low spec machine, is I click multiple times over and over. It improves loading times for me. You could also use an autoclicker I suppose, but I don't know if that's against the rules.
It's not my PC specs because I used to be able to do it before but the past 2 weeks it just doesn't work. Even when I don't use my second monitor it just loops on Sending Client Info then eventually times out..
Upgrade your ram. This is caused because you do not have enough ram. I have this problem too on my PC (2gb) while my laptop (4gb) has no problems.
Alright thanks, I currently have 3GB and hopefully upgrading to 4GB around Christmas time Cheese
He's wrong, I have this problem, and 16GB of RAM.
Help?
(Btw, GMod is hardcoded to use 2048MB anyways...)
It's not that gmod is hardcoded to a certain amount of ram, it's about how much ram is left for the PC itself.
(12-30-2014, 04:33 PM)MavisDracula Wrote: It's not that gmod is hardcoded to a certain amount of ram, it's about how much ram is left for the PC itself.

But it's not Smile. I have 16GB of RAM, 14GB free when joining. That's not just more then enough, that's excessive.
I also have this problem sometimes, and I have 16GB ram too. I don't know how much I have free when I join but I don't think my pc uses that much when it just have started