De-accept the third person suggestion
(popcorn)
I'm not the most active around here, but feel free to send a PM if you need help!

The following 2 users Like Strange's post:
  • SirCrow, Nevy
I still have an overwhelming feeling people are forgetting this is for weapons only.
The following 3 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • General Rickets, Smex, Rylund
(12-04-2014, 12:41 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: I still have an overwhelming feeling people are forgetting this is for weapons only.

Most of us know it is for weapons only... it's just not referred to that all the time.
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • , Jono
(12-04-2014, 04:31 PM)Aviator Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 12:41 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: I still have an overwhelming feeling people are forgetting this is for weapons only.

Most of us know it is for weapons only... it's just not referred to that all the time.

Oh, in that case I don't understand why everyone's so upset.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • General Rickets
It wouldn't be so bad if first person was accurate, I guess...
(12-04-2014, 05:39 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote:

Im assumeing its because people do not want to loose their 90% recoil reduction and lethal first strike ability.

We've all done it, and we all know how much of an advantage it gives to one side of a conflict, so we should all understand why it needs to be removed from weapons
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(12-05-2014, 12:14 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 05:39 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote:

Im assumeing its because people do not want to loose their 90% recoil reduction and lethal first strike ability.

We've all done it, and we all know how much of an advantage it gives to one side of a conflict, so we should all understand why it needs to be removed from weapons
^ yep 3rd person is OP when it comes to gunfights.. thats why i support the removal of 3rd person while using weapons
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:29300898&b=3]
I've always heard people talking about redesigning the weapon system, yet I never see it. I've never seen an update to weapons. In fact it feels like it's being downgraded now. People use third person for the fact that you can actually use it. First person is nothing but a laggy, smoke filled, cluster f**k with bullets that are off set and recoil that goes sideways instead of up. When I first joined and never knew about the third person I would always be killed because of this and the fact that pistols do very little damage even as a police officer. As for SRU and the UMP don't get me started. With the amount of lag FL gets now with new updates adding a new particle effect to my screen makes it even worse.

I only saw the thread up for maybe what 2-3 days? Most suggestions take at least a week to even be noticed providing they get +Supports. Then you have the archive of good ideas that went inactive being shut down simply because they were not noticed by admins, but received +Supports. Nobody as far as I know really gave a damn about thirdperson. So what you can see around walls? Everyone can. Just because I can see you doesn't mean I can shoot you.

This whole thing about it making you go out and buy longer range weapons so you can't snipe with assault rifles makes no sense. Thanks to the wonderful market of Fearless I don't want to hold a 14,000$ AWP with no ability to hold my breath, and a nerfed shot of 50HP when I shoot someone in the head with Kevlar when some minge can run me over, and steal my gun. Then I got to wait for an admin, hope he gets banned, and have a 1-1000 chance of being refunded that 14k, when I can just use a 3500$ gun to do the same thing just with more bullets.

The problem isn't thirdperson but the weapon system, fearless market, and how people act on the server. I'm cheap, I don't want to lose my guns because I buy guns so I don't lose my stuff.
Thumbs Up 
(12-05-2014, 02:38 AM)Sgtbender2000 Wrote: I've always heard people talking about redesigning the weapon system, yet I never see it. I've never seen an update to weapons. In fact it feels like it's being downgraded now. People use third person for the fact that you can actually use it. First person is nothing but a laggy, smoke filled, cluster f**k with bullets that are off set and recoil that goes sideways instead of up. When I first joined and never knew about the third person I would always be killed because of this and the fact that pistols do very little damage even as a police officer. As for SRU and the UMP don't get me started. With the amount of lag FL gets now with new updates adding a new particle effect to my screen makes it even worse.

I only saw the thread up for maybe what 2-3 days? Most suggestions take at least a week to even be noticed providing they get +Supports. Then you have the archive of good ideas that went inactive being shut down simply because they were not noticed by admins, but received +Supports. Nobody as far as I know really gave a damn about thirdperson. So what you can see around walls? Everyone can. Just because I can see you doesn't mean I can shoot you.

This whole thing about it making you go out and buy longer range weapons so you can't snipe with assault rifles makes no sense. Thanks to the wonderful market of Fearless I don't want to hold a 14,000$ AWP with no ability to hold my breath, and a nerfed shot of 50HP when I shoot someone in the head with Kevlar when some minge can run me over, and steal my gun. Then I got to wait for an admin, hope he gets banned, and have a 1-1000 chance of being refunded that 14k, when I can just use a 3500$ gun to do the same thing just with more bullets.

The problem isn't thirdperson but the weapon system, fearless market, and how people act on the server. I'm cheap, I don't want to lose my guns because I buy guns so I don't lose my stuff.

Well said.
We've had the weapon system completely changed, along with fixing the issues/bugs that third-person enabled. 

Seeing as this thread has been in the Archive and the problem is fixed, there is no reason to bump it.

Closed.