[UPCOMING EVENT] City 24
I would really like to help you making the dupe, and maybe also help you host it.
OOC Information

Steam Name: [FL:RP] Smex
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18515760
Hours on server:1202
Roleplay Points: 11
Bans: 7
Activity on server (1-10): 8
Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know): I know alot about the lore of Half life 2 as growing up when I was younged I completed nearly every single one of them including Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 : Episode 1, Half-Life 2 : Episode 2 (and Yet I am still waiting for episode 3). I Have always been fascinated by an outworldly being or presence in games and thus have a great amount of dedication to learn the lore of a game such as the Half-Life Series
What job are you applying for?
[b]Transhuman Forces
[/b]

Why are you applying for this job?
I am applying for this job as I have always been fascinated by military roleplay aswell as Sci-Fi roleplay and this seems to be the perfect mix between the two, a fine balance and greatly intrigueing to me. I also feel as I will roleplay this job correctly moreso than the others as I have lots of exeprience
  What experience do you have with this RP style?
I have created many roleplays based around science, body enchancement labs etc. Furthermore I have created multiple combine esq dupes in the nexus and even a cloning centre for the creation of new soldiers, one of my projects at the moment is working around a clan that is based on this idea.
Why do you want to join this event?
I wish to participate in this event as I find it incredibly intereting with Half-Life being of my favourite series of games and this event being based on it. I am also intrigued by the storyline of the event and hows it will turn out with the combine soldiers, CP's and Rebels in a constant battle with eachother.
Why should you be accepted?
I feel that I am highly qualified and readily available as well as mentally able to roleplay my character correctly with my previous experience. I also believe that I can bring a accurate and precise roleplay experience to those around me. 
What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme?
Combine soldiers and Elite soldiers
IC Information
Name: Geoffery Lockson
Ethnicity: English
History/Backstory of your character:
Born in London to a rich family whom run a successful jewellery buisness in the Capital, He grew up in a world as a single child with parents who had not the time to concentrate on him, they sweetened him with presents at every occassion; games,clothes, and cars once old enough. This gave Geoffery the happiness he wanted but not for so long, he would get bored of what he has or done and would break and smash his possessions in the frustration generated by his parents constant workload, this drove Geoffery to the point that he needed to leave home with the majority of the possessions. Upon hitting 18 he took his licence and car he recieved for his birthday and drove to the countryside planning to live with his aunt. Upon arriving the farmland was eerily quite with not a single movement inside or outside the old fashioned farmhouse. He moved slowly towards the house, suspicious of the current situation, the front door creaked open upon nearing with a rough face appearing at the gap. With a gasp the man inside sprinted away at speed, jumping onto a motorbike on the farmland and speeding away into the trees. Geoffery slowly moved inside the house searching for signs of life, slowly he walked up the stairs suspicious of what happened opening the door of the master bedroom. To his suprise he found his aunt lieing lifelessly on the ground with her neck slit, Geoffery quickly sprinted over checking for signs of life, he could feel her skin still warm, with a sense of realisation Geoffery sprinted out the house furiously, leaping into his car and slamming his foot down in search of the man he had seen. Soon after he found the man in pain lieing on the ground, crumpled from what seemed to an impact with a tree on his bike, Geoffery picked the man up and threw him into the boot of his car, what happened next Geoffery refuses to reveal to anyone with the man never to be seen again. 

After this incident Geoffery reported the murder to the police and took over the farm from his Aunt with her not having any children and his parents in a constant fight with eachother it was down to him to bring it back to its former glory, working three years on the farm becoming slowly attached to the things there but one day is saw the local army bases jets flying over the farm he immediately decided on what his future had in stock with him. He sold the farm to buy a small appartment in the local village applying for a job for the army. Three months he waited doing small jobs around the village when eventually the letter came through the door asking him to attend a interview at his local army base. The morning of his interview his through on his casual clothes and drove his car down there, he smelt the sweet smell of diesel and gunpowder upon entering the base, the recruiter met him at the door and brought him into the barracks giving him a tour while all the boys were out on training, he sat down with the recruiter allowing the interview to go smoothly and soundly. Three weeks later he was moving into the army base leaving his house to rent to the local tourists while he was pushing himself to the limit, smashing old test course records and showing his capability with a rifle he quickly became noticed by a different section of the government, one of the most respected military groups in the world, the S.A.S. 

Upon being scouted by the S.A.S he was invited to a secret training programme in scotland, he was tasked with a massive trail that every S.A.S soldier is tasked with, he traveled countless miles up and down mountains on his trail, with his backpack filled to the point of busting he barely passed the feat nearing exhaustion and at the brink of fatigue. The S.A.S kindly accepted him in throwing him into the deepend immediately stationing him in Afghanistation with a couple of high profile missions all of which the S.A.S refuses to declassify. Geoffery also led the assualt on one of the worlds most iconic missions saving the first lord of the treasury from a group of pirates on the east coast of Africa, deployed swiftly Geoffery led this assault on his 15th mission, upon completion of the mission he was rewarded with a multitude of medals for such bravery and success on the mission. But things soon took a turn for the worst.....
Physical and mental short description:
Strong, lean muscled man with a chissled chin with the personality of someone with a lifetime of experience, facing everything opposing him fearlessly and without question, A perfect soldier.
Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters)
I want this as I am highly capable and highly experienced in this field with a multitude of medals to prove so, a simple email from the S.A.S could declare the success of such a soldier and his capability being limitless. 

The following 1 user Likes Smex's post:
  • ArcHammer
Applications will be reviewed soon in bulk, feel free to keep applying however.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
OOC Information
Steam Name: [FL:RP] Voluptious
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:41674539
Hours on server:393h
Roleplay Points: 3
Bans: 2
Activity on server (1-10): 7
Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know): I read through your lore section a few times to get all the details.
What job are you applying for? Civil workers Union
Why are you applying for this job? I want to be a citizen, but i want more oppurtunities to RP (preparing things for pepole, willingly or not.
What experience do you have with this RP style? I have been personal assistant for a few pepole so i know my way around the ropes.
Why do you want to join this event? I want to join this event because it looks very well planned and detailed, something you do not see everyday
Why should you be accepted? I like pseudo agressive/passive RP aswell as i am good at switching roles quickly (so i can adapt to new situations better). I never minge around when an RP situation/event comes and i do as i am told by the RP.
What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme? Soilders and Elites

IC Information
Name: Miles "Vol" Whatson
Ethnicity:Norwegian

I grew up in a little town in Norway just outside Oslo. My father is a surgeon in Oslo and my mother works as a chef for a big name hotel. From what i was told i was very interested in biology from a young age and was eager to learn about the body and how to treat it. When i turned 16 i joined the local red cross volunteer group and have helped people in need ever since. I took my PhD and started to work for Oslo University hospital as a rapid response paramedic.

After working in Oslo for 5 years i was moved to another hospital further north because the last rapid response paramedic had gone missing and they needed a replacement, there i got alot of experience working under pressure. Since then multiple paramedics have been employed and i decided to move to Evocity for private reasons.

I have lived in Evocity working as a Paramedic ever since

Physical and mental short description: Good stamina and endurance, moderate muscles, able to handle pressure and no record of any mental sicknesses.
Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters) I like to serve pepole and make them happy as long as i get something in return
What makes you fit for this job (ditto)? I can do most jobs pepole could ask me to do and i have a history of happy clients who i have served.

[b]Additional notes (OOC and/or IC):
Really nice post and setup, this will be great
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
The following 1 user Likes Voluptious's post:
  • ArcHammer
(11-08-2014, 01:36 PM)ArcHammer Wrote: The date will be around the end of November - early December, on a weekend.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[Image: 1.gif]
[Image: LZEd8IJ.png]
(11-08-2014, 11:56 PM)ThePhoenixGamer Wrote: Snip

What? The date can't be moved any earlier than that, and it'll be too far away if it was in late December/early January.

Please don't post gifs/memes on the thread ;_;

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(11-08-2014, 02:31 PM)BlackForestAdam Wrote: Snip

(11-08-2014, 03:01 PM)BurgZ Wrote: Snip

(11-08-2014, 05:59 PM)Smex Wrote: Snip

(11-08-2014, 08:53 PM)Voluptious Wrote: Snip

You are all accepted!

Welcome to the event.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer

+Rep
The following 2 users Like ArcHammer's post:
  • BlackForestAdam, Voluptious
OOC Information
Steam Name: Victorinox
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:39418943
Hours on server: Roughly 180
Roleplay Points: 5
Bans: 2 bans from my mingy years before I started actively playing here, of which 1 got cancelled.
Activity on server (1-10): 6/10
Understanding of Half-Life 2 and its lore (explain why and how you know): Even though I haven't played the game itself, I did play HL2RP for a while. That means I know the atmosphere and basic lore of Half-Life 2, I am also familiar with the many factions of the story.
What job are you applying for? Citizen (also co-host and builder)
 Why are you applying for this job? For I have not yet achieved 10 RPP and I don't really being a rebel, citizen is the only job that remains interesting for me.
 What experience do you have with this RP style? Like I stated before, I used to play HL2RP for a while. I was a citizen there most of the time.
Why do you want to join this event? Events are the things that keep GMod interesting for me, so I try to join every event.
Why should you be accepted? I think I can be a good addition to the event, mainly because I fancy myself a very good builder and I can also roleplay decently, as far as I know.
What are the two types of soldiers in the Transhuman Overwatch scheme? The standard Overwatch Soldier (or Combine Soldier) and the Overwatch Elite Soldier (or Elite Combine Soldier)

IC Information
Name: Aaron Archer
Ethnicity: Caucasian.
EvoCity, 3rd of June, 1979. In the same month McDonald's introduced the Happy Meal, Austin Archer, the insomniac commander of the city's police force, found true love for the first time of his life. Julia Taylor was a clumsy tourist from the Australian city of Brisbane, who came to the police station to report both her wallet and passport stolen, which had been picked from her pocket earlier that day. At that time, Austin was replacing the ink cartridges of printer in his office. The moment he glanced through his window, seeing the Australian girl talking to the lady at the counter, he forgot about everything he was doing and went out to speak to her. One thing led to another and a few months later Austin found himself proposing to Julia on a calm autumn morning.

For his entire life, Austin has been feeling empty. His successful career couldn't fill up the gaping hole in his heart, neither could his recent marriage to Julia. But, the birth of his first son, Aaron, in 1986 gave his life meaning. Austin wanted to give Aaron a childhood unlike his, for both of his parents were dishonest alcoholics. This is one of the reasons why Austin quit his job earlier that year to move to Australia with a 6-months-pregnant Julia.

As time flew by, Aaron had become a normal Australian 10-year-old. He was adventurous by nature, which has proven to be the main reason of his mediocre scores at school. Even though his father was diagnosed with severe depression, Aaron was having a happy boyhood. At this time, Julia was pregnant with a second child. Aaron always wanted to have a little brother or sister, he thought he was very lucky. The day his little sister was born is forever engraved in Aaron's heart, for it was the absolute worst day of his life.

The doctors had had no clue what was going on, something happened while Julia gave birth. Aaron remembers that his father came to pick him up from school with an anxious look on his face, Aaron remembers sitting in the cold waiting room at the hospital for hours, Aaron remembers the nurse telling him he couldn't see his newborn sister and Aaron remembers the moment when the doctors came into the waiting room looking very grim.

After his mother and little sister died, things changed for Aaron. Australia reminded the heartbroken Austin too much of Julia, so he decided to take Aaron with him back to EvoCity. He joined the police department again, which had been moved to the recently built pride of EvoCity called the Nexus, a large building in the centre of Downtown. Twelve years ago, Austin was told he could never return to his old rank as police commander if when left to Australia. He didn't care back then, but now he can barely care for his son with his low office-worker-salary, he does care. Aaron had it rough too, he absolutely didn't fit in with the rest of the children at his new school in the EvoCity outskirts. His classmates ignored him until the end of his school years. Yes, Aaron's life turned to shit.

21-year-old Aaron was a guy with a lousy job, a lousy apartment and only a few friends. He tried to apply for police school a multiple times, but in vain, he was declined every single time. After losing all hope in his meaningless life, he decided to join the army, hoping he would die with a bit of honor while serving. Well, after serving in Iraq for four years, he was still alive. Aaron found out he was a force to be reckoned with in combat.

Ten days after Aaron's return to EvoCity, the Combine attacked. He was immediately called to arms, but by the time he arrived at the rendezvous point the war was already lost. Aaron was first forced to go into hiding, for he has a military background. But now he is just one of the many City-24 citizens to be oppressed by the Combine.

Physical and mental short description: Dark medium-long hair, tall, Australian accent, gloomy, disrespectful
Why do you want this job? (Only for non-citizen characters) -
  What makes you fit for this job (ditto)? -

Additional notes (OOC and/or IC): -
The following 1 user Likes Victorinox's post:
  • ArcHammer
is the server gonna be shut to this only or can anyone join
This will be on the event server, and you can only join if you apply... which you would know if you read the whole thread Wink

Sincerely,
ArcHammer

+Rep