HL2.exe has stopped working
Right, since today I've experienced an error, which is when I launch gmod it starts up, goes to the blue screen and then exits the program with the error: 'HL2.exe has stopped working'. I've reinstalled twice, putting it in different drives, verified the game integrity and a few other things.

As of now I'm all out of options, your help would be greatly appreciated. The error is this:

[Image: KEYPXPe.png]

Tried quite a few start-up launch codes (e.g.-dxlevel 8, 81, 85, etc), so I've ruled those out.
Delete TF2. Worked for me.
Happened to me 2 days ago, I reinstalled twice and it fixed itself. I also played around with -dxlevel 8, and -dxlevle 90 in the launch configs, maybe they've got something to do with it but I have no idea. I know how frustrating and annoying it is, so good luck getting it fixed buddy.
I know the launch config won't affect this, as I get the same results every time with these. Just got to hope something comes up and I can fix this. Thanks anyway, Swoots.
Wow, to my surprise uninstalling TF2 actually fixed it.. Thanks.
SoulRipper wrote this on the fix thread:
- HL2.exe error crash while joining
There are a few things you could try:
Check if your hardware is working correctly and update your drivers.
Try to delete your addons (except the Fearless content pack), and try again.
Make sure your computer is powerful enough to play source engine games, close unnecessary programs.
Tweak your Garry's Mod launch line:

Open Library, right click on Gmod and select the "Set launch options" tab. Enter this line of commands without the quote marks: "+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 3145728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 -w 1920 -h 1080 +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16"
-w 1920 -h 1080 is for the resolution of the game. Make sure you complete it with the one you use. The one above is for 1920x1080. If you have another resolution, change the values.
With these lines added, your Garry's Mod should run better.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(11-01-2014, 05:53 PM)Zan Wrote: Wow, to my surprise uninstalling TF2 actually fixed it.. Thanks.

No problem! I think what happens is TF2 had a source update or something and that conflicted with GMOD, and it only happens to some people (including me) for some reason.