Backseat Administration
Perhaps, there could be another 'level' so to speak of staff.
They're not necessarily staff, but maybe those classified as veterans and overall trusted players can have access to a vote kick system.
EG there is a minge, and also 3 'veterans'.

These veterans can use a command (/votekick X, for example) and it can show in the chatbox
"ThatGirlSurinaaaaa has chosen to votekick player X (1/3) for reason: Prop pushing cars, prop killing, RDM" (just using myself as an example

This way, we can get around the issue of votekick abuse, as the people who have the power to do so are trusted community members.
Of course it's not foolproof, but it's a suggestion.

(10-16-2014, 04:06 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 01:53 PM)Jono Wrote: It shouldn't be backstreet administration if it's an In character problem.

If someone is running at you, trying to kill you with a giant board of plastic, you should be able to detain them. They're trying to kill you, regardless if their weapon is in character or out of character. (Not sure if that made sense, but I hope you get my point.)

Since when is physgunning IC? Physgun is OOC and all the uses of it is thought to be OOC, IE prop pushing with physgun.

It's IC in the sense that it's doing damage to your character. Regardless of the weapon, (Physgun is OOC weapon) it's being used for assault.  I think the base level is this though.

If someone is trying to kill your character, you have the right to defend yourself, and kill or detain theirs. Granted it's exactly what they want, but if you're actually clever about it, you could tie them up, and get them arrested, effectively putting them out of 'minging' for up to 15 minutes. I'm not saying you should bring the fact they're propspamming, or propushing into character, but I'm only brining in the fact that they're trying to hurt you, not how they're doing it.
A more fitting signature. 
All use of toolgun and physgun, indirectly or directly, is Out Of Character. By even RPing it out, it would cause extreme confusion and more problems would arise whether it can be used for IC purposes or not. Physgun is an alien item, not realistic. It's a tool, not a weapon and everything used by it is OOC.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(10-18-2014, 12:24 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 11:08 AM)Mist Wrote: -DELETED SO IT WON'T FILL OUT THE THREAD-

Those pics are so old, at least before 2013, hell even before Gmod13, duuuuuude.

It was an example.. Things like this can still happen.  Sad
(10-18-2014, 01:08 PM)Mist Wrote:

Those pics are so old, at least before 2013, hell even before Gmod13, duuuuuude.

Bad example then, because you specifically said that guy could be kept free from being banned ._.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(10-18-2014, 01:17 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 01:08 PM)Mist Wrote:

Bad example then, because you specifically said that guy could be kept free from being banned ._.

No I didn't. I may have explained it wrongfully or you have misunderstood something.
I'm just saying that things like this can happen.
(10-18-2014, 12:26 PM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote: Perhaps, there could be another 'level' so to speak of staff.
They're not necessarily staff, but maybe those classified as veterans and overall trusted players can have access to a vote kick system.
EG there is a minge, and also 3 'veterans'.

These veterans can use a command (/votekick X, for example) and it can show in the chatbox
"ThatGirlSurinaaaaa has chosen to votekick player X (1/3) for reason: Prop pushing cars, prop killing, RDM" (just using myself as an example

This way, we can get around the issue of votekick abuse, as the people who have the power to do so are trusted community members.
Of course it's not foolproof, but it's a suggestion.

I agree with this, a votekick system that can be used by players over a certain hour limit and chosen to be responsible by staff (there could be a place to apply to use the command or something) could perhaps solve some problems.
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=53370
(10-18-2014, 04:11 PM)Nevy Wrote: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=53370

Nevy i may agree with that suggestion you made, but i dont really see why you needed to bring it up in this topic, its kinda unrelated
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
The following 1 user Likes BlackForestAdam's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow
I think he put it here because if it were to be approved, most BSA issues would be a non issue, as the majority of major ones where players take action are the ones where it involves prop slam,prop block etc
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]