Unban request for Gay Buzz Lightyear
Your name: Gay Buzz Lightyear

Your ban ID: 53376

Banned by: [FL:M] Link66

Reason: Racism

Involved: Kurdish Falcon
Why we should unban you: I was having banter with my friend and I said "Way to make it gay" as a joke, then he called me homophobic. As I know him IRL I was aware he is Muslim and retorted with "Says the Muslim" as Muslims are typically homophobic, as I'm told. Me pointing out him being hypocritical was deemed racist due to labeling him as "Muslim" I suppose. I understand from a bystander POV they would see it as me being racist, but I hope that this clarifies the context of the conversation.
Any valid reasons you wish for this ban to be removed?
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(09-06-2014, 08:29 PM)Link66 Wrote: Any valid reasons you wish for this ban to be removed?

Well it seems somewhat unfair as it was just banter and Kurd said wasn't racist in Steam chat.
Jake had no racist intent in saying what he did. We're really close friends in real life and it's just a bit of banter. I'm sure the staff members understand banter between good friends, and will understand that Jake did not say what he did to offend me.

His comment might seem racist from a bystander's point of view, and even more so due to community members not being aware of banter between me and Jake.
Denied
Kind Regards,
Floodify