GCSEs
I took

Engineering

Geography ( droped out because it was hard ) , moved to drama ( went because it was fun then droped out ) , moved to Resistant Materials ( stayed because it was fun! )

Ict

History ( dropped out because I did nothing , started walking around school no one cared )

I think one more i can't remember

I left school and I'm now in college after getting a E in English and D in maths

I just managed to get into plumbing course with those grades I got in because of my knowledge of plumbing

Geography is hard
History is about malcom X. ( must do a i think it was a 2000 word essay bloody hard , ww2 , no Cold War , and some other stuff , you watch quite a few movies about it )

DONT! Pick stuff that your freinds tell you to pick and don't pick stuff that we tell you to pick I could of done all the stuff my mates are doing but I didn't I stuck to my own choises that would help me with plumbing and that is resistant materials near enough, you are fixing stuff together and building.

Revise , don't walk around school like I did and get rude to teachers i regret that now seeing how much they have helped me

If you got this far you are a
LEGAND AND A LAD!
I'm heading into Year 11 in September, my second year of studying for GCSEs. I have my final exams in May/June. After that, it'll be onto A Levels.

Subjects I took for GCSE:
Mathematics (Compulsory)
English Literature (Compulsory)
English Language (Compulsory)
Biology, Chemistry, Physics Triple Award (Compulsory)
Religious Studies [Bullshit "SHORT course... worth only 1/2 a GCSE] (Compulsory)
Spanish (Compulsory)
B.C.S
Economics
Geography

Everything seems to be going well enough at the moment (except Spanish).

Hopefully all of those GCSE and A Level students got the grades they wanted!

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to the long-ass summer break after the exams... 2 and a half months Wink
Regards,
aviator
(08-24-2014, 12:40 PM)Aviator Wrote: I'm heading into Year 11 in September, my second year of studying for GCSEs. I have my final exams in May/June. After that, it'll be onto A Levels.

Subjects I took for GCSE:
Mathematics (Compulsory)
English Literature (Compulsory)
English Language (Compulsory)
Biology, Chemistry, Physics Triple Award (Compulsory)
Religious Studies [Bullshit "SHORT course... worth only 1/2 a GCSE] (Compulsory)
Spanish (Compulsory)
B.C.S
Economics
Geography

Everything seems to be going well enough at the moment (except Spanish).

Hopefully all of those GCSE and A Level students got the grades they wanted!

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to the long-ass summer break after the exams... 2 and a half months Wink

Goes very quickly..use it well!
A more fitting signature. 
The following 1 user Likes Jono's post:
  • aviator
Just finished my GCSE Exams a few months back and I got my results recently.

I took:
Business Studies
Graphic Design
Performing Arts
Religious Studies
Computing
+ Core Subjects.

Results:
Business Studies - D
Performing Arts - Pass
Religious Studies - D
Graphic Design - D
Computing - F
Core Subjects - C's across the board

Overall I'm pretty impressed considering I did not a single hour of revision and I pretty much pissed around for the best part of 4 Years.

Got in to my College which is all I cared about.

GCSE's are f*cking easy if you don't piss around like me.
The following 1 user Likes Boosted's post:
  • Envy
Just started year 10 meaning in onto my GCSE'S;

English (compulsory)
English Lit.(compulsory)
Maths (compulsory)
Further maths("optional")
Triple science - All three sciences in only 5 hours a week (Option/compulsory)
History - Modern world (Option)
RE - Short course (Compulsory)
ICT (Option)
Graphic communication (Option)
Spanish (Done/Compulsory)
German(option/compulsory)
And of course P.E short course Btec (compulsory)

I'm targeted A* in everything . I'm also possibly re-taking Spanish as I got a D when I did it in year 9 cause I put no work in Sad
I have to choose mine this year.
Have no clue.
In my school compulsarys are English x2, Maths x2, Science x3, RE and Welsh. Im taking for options Geog, PE and ICT.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
Thought I'd bump this thread as the exam season is looming for many of us!

My first exam is on the 8th May, which is pretty much 2 months away and I haven't even picked up a text book to revise at home. Just finishing up some controlled assessment in Geography and BCS and a few Spanish tasks to do!

I'll probably start studying very shortly, maybe in a few weeks.

Good luck to anyone sitting their GCSEs this year!
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Dauntless
I have to have a form in for next week on my subjects, so, this is what I'm probably going to do

English language
English lit
Maths
Chemistry
French
ICT
P.E
Geography
History
Shor course R.E
Geography > History

History has a lot of prep work. A few controlled assessments. Geography is generally more interesting in my opinion as well. Taking both is difficult but history is harder work and there is a lot more content you need to remember. Geography is learning something and applying it to somewhere in the world.