Need Help for installing RP_Evocity V2p + Patch
Please help i would appreciate it
When you downloaded the map just extract it to your maps folder.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<steamname>\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps
C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\<steamname>\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps

I don't known what you mean with patch, but if you mean the HL2 Episode 2 models/materials:

Extract the models/materials (and if you want sounds) folder from ep2 and episodic to:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<steamname>\garrysmod\garrysmod
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\<steamname>\garrysmod\garrysmod
The following 1 user Likes Theblackshadowofgod's post:
  • Sommer
You do know that's Illegal to download a patch to get Materials and other files from Ep1 and Ep2 Right?
It's simple, buy the valve pack and you'll never have the problem again.

Also you can get the maps here:

rp_evocity_v2d

rp_evocity2_v2p
(08-10-2011, 12:58 PM)Saint Wrote: It's simple, buy the valve pack and you'll never have the problem again.

Also you can get the maps here:

rp_evocity_v2d

rp_evocity2_v2p

Hi, I'm new to GMOD and all. Do I download the links you provided above, extract them, then just load the server?
The first time I tried, it said Evocity was missing (or something to that extent) so is this the way to go?
(08-10-2011, 12:23 PM)Jamie Wrote: You do know that's Illegal to download a patch to get Materials and other files from Ep1 and Ep2 Right?

i got ep 1, and ep 2, but when i try to connect my game shuts down with Hl2.exe has stopped working
(08-10-2011, 02:22 PM)Sanderson Wrote: i got ep 1, and ep 2, but when i try to connect my game shuts down with Hl2.exe has stopped working

Take a look at this thread.
http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=4032

I think this one should work for you.
Quote:- HL2.exe error crash while joining
Add +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 to your Garry's Mod launch options, if that doesn't work try to add -dxlevel 81 at your launch options aswell. If that still doesn't work, remove them from your launch options and first open the map via singleplayer.
Apparently I need to buy CS:S as most of the world is purple and black squares.

£13.99 is quite expensive on Steam, would it still work if I bought the game from Amazon and installed it or does it have to be steam?
(08-10-2011, 02:56 PM)Wishfulshot Wrote: Apparently I need to buy CS:S as most of the world is purple and black squares.

£13.99 is quite expensive on Steam, would it still work if I bought the game from Amazon and installed it or does it have to be steam?

I believe it does, but you may need to copy the models/materials and sounds folder to your garrysmod directory. I'm not sure though.
I just bought it via Steam, like (almost) everyone else here I think.
Ok thanks. If I knew this, I would have bought them together in the bundle worth £16...

Will this fix a lot of errors that I see across other servers? I don't want to splash out on a game that I'm not going to use just for this server :l