[Guide] Police Sergeant, Quick-guide. How to make the PD efficiently as Sergeant.
Hello, FearlessRP'ers.

Today, I have decided to show to you what I have been investigating. My question was: Will the PD (Police Department) function better with a good Sergeant, or with a Sergeant that will just patrol, and do nothing. You can find out what the answer was: If it was no, why would I have written this guide? Let's start of with the very basics:

Contents:
  • Just got the job?
  • Units
  • Jobs
  • Patrol areas
  • Broadcasting locations
  • Working with the President

Just got the job?
If you just got the job, you might want to introduce yourself. This is good to RP, this is what I do if I RP as a Sergeant:
I say Hello, and that I just got promoted. Of course in the radio. Make sure you say what your name is. For me, that'd be: "Hello, officers! I am your new sergeant. Some of you might know me, some might not. My name is Trevor Hyneman, and I hope we will have a great time together"
Or something like that. Next, you might want to work on making the PD one big group, instead of 7 apart police officers running around like a bunch of idiots, without a goal, staying in the Nexus because they dont know what to do!

Units
Yeah, to solve this some sergeants want to use units, instead of the normal Police Officer job. Here are some common, and easy-to-use jobs, and how do you make your (New) PO's (Police Officers) change them?
  • Metro Police Unit #[Number]
  • ECToungeD Unit #[XXX]
First of all, you want to have a meeting. Make units, and make the PO's choose with who they want to be, either alone or together. If they are together, give them the same unit number, if not, then don't! Unit numbers are good to send units to other locations. If the units are made, give them areas to patrol in. I usually do this if I have 5 units in V33X:
1 unit -> City
1 unit -> Lake and the villas near
1 unit -> Corleones and the tank station [Corleones are armed many times]
1 unit -> Patrolling around the whole map (There's a road you can follow, which brings you back to the begin point). This includes the Car dealership, across the Car dealership, and the Hospital
1 unit -> Rebel hideout + Industrial
Alright, is this setup and they all listen? You have come quite far already. Note that if you have come this far, you are one of the less Police Sergeants I have seen!

Jobs
Perhaps, you have one extra unit, or two, or you want to setup a clan for the PD. I use this template if I am sergeant:
ECToungeD Unit #[Number in 200] [Rank]
For me, that'd be:
ECToungeD Unit #298 Sergeant, for a jailguard maybe ECToungeD Unit #242 Jailguard, or something like that. This is only a template you CAN use, and nobody FORCES you to use it. Jobs are good if the PD is hard to maintain by yourself. Promote someone to Lieutenant, for example, and tell him to command 2 units. That saves you 2 units to control, and therefore you can sit back and enjoy!

Patrolling areas
Be sure to make clear where to patrol. If one area remains unpatrolled, many crimes might happen there. If a PD does NOT know where to patrol, give him a ride, drive him around and show him where he should be driving. Give him tips on where to check speeds, and the dangerous places.

Broadcasting locations
For safety, some sergeants are asking the PD's where they are all the time. Because you use locations, you can respond to them more efficiently, and more accurately. If they patrol at the Corleones, and they ask to go to the Villa, they could also mean the lake houses, but as you know its at the Corleones, you can go to the Corleones. This requires trust too. If an officer does not respond, you first want to search him, as he might be hostaged, or assassinated.

Working with the President
The connection between the PD and the President, is very important:
No laws? Then the PD cant arrest many crimes; the permalaws include some laws, but not alot.
No warrants? Then the PD cant arrest at all!
No PD? Crime!
Basically, what you see here, if one of the two misfunctions, there will be alot of crime in the city. Call an admin if the president is not doing his job, or record it and make a BR, NEVER EVER ASK OR ASSIST IN KILLING THE PRESIDENT AS A PO OR ANY OTHER GOVERNMENT MEMBER. THIS IS BANNABLE

Thank you for spending time in reading the guide, and I hope I will see more and more well-functioning Police Sergeants, and better organized PD's.