More admins
(06-27-2014, 08:17 PM)Rule 34 Wrote: In regards to admins being on all the time, from my own personal experience (obviously not as admin of course) when I play a lot, just like most people, I get bored of it after a while. Basically, like has already been stated you can't force an admin to be on any certain server, and when you do, they will enjoy their job a lot less. We all know there's activity issues with the admins, but no server is perfect. Admin inactivity was one of the reasons I had for leaving the actual server, but it's really a hard thing to just fix. With a popular server/community like FL, you have to make sure you trust the person you're promoting. I know, almost every single one of you think you're fit for admin; "I'd be active all the time, never abuse my powers, etc." Let's be honest. If you're an admin, you most likely have around 2,000 hours, you're going to get somewhat tired of playing. The best thing to do right now is let it play out how it is, and start watching players and see if they're fit for the position. In my honest opinion, (which doesn't mean it's CORRECT, it's just my OPINION) I would start promoting some people with less hours, something like 500-700 hours because they'll most likely be playing longer. If there's someone just getting promoted at 2,000 hours or so, from what I've seen, they won't be on the servers much longer. Of course I have no authority here, but I'm just saying what I'd do is something like that. Like many admins have said, they are NOT robots. They're people like us. They have an end, just like us. So please show some respect to the people who deserve it. There's quite a few admins who really do try their best, and I think we should really show at least some respect to them. If you put yourself in their position, it's not as easy as it seems.

I agree on your point, if there was a place too sign up i would sign up too. Just for my activity in the community. - And what i learned in the community, not too show mercy too people who doesnt respect the rules.
If I had a dollar for every time I saw a thread like this in my time on fearless I would be rather wealthy.

There has always been activity issues. I don't know a time there hasn't been. So that makes this task ranger difficult if you ask me. The system we have for choosing in our promotion sector and who we choose well stay the same in which we all agree on the player and the items that Enzyme brought up in which we look for.

The other thing about how we only promote friends of admins is not true. I can list a decent amount of admins I didn't even have in my friends list until promotion. And if I recall whenever something like that happens promoting a player with lite hours the community blows up (If you want to look at Venoms promotion)

The main issue is no matter what happens there will be someone that is not happy with what we do. Everything we do is in best intentions for the community and we will do our best to be active on the servers of fifty people. On top of that do ban requests and moderate the forums. And whenever we see someone who is fit for a position on the team we will promote them.

For right now that is what we can do for you. We will not rush promotions for the sake of a little spell that happens EVERY year around this time.

(mobile post)
The following 3 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Pinky, James_Gaff, Rouch122
It seems as if people have forgotten we recently promoted someone to moderator aswell *coughs*
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 8 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Weecow, Preditor, Rouch122, Tmdirtbike, Duane, Burnett, TheImpossibleTruster5, James_Gaff
Well, after reading through all of that, I don't know what to say.
(06-27-2014, 09:29 PM)Enzyme Wrote: It seems as if people have forgotten we recently promoted someone to moderator aswell *coughs*
**Clears throat**
(06-27-2014, 03:39 PM)Jamster Wrote: Just to throw it out there, this is proof that Soul, and the admin team, are looking for new staff members and the like. This shows that the admin team is still growing and, currently, needs no new additions till further notice.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=48434

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=47573