More admins
(06-26-2014, 08:47 PM)Jamster Wrote: No that simple. Posts like these do not help in any way.

Is it not as simple as left clicking the big blue "Join Server" icon?

If they can all be on V2D, they can be on V2P, so don't play that card.
(06-27-2014, 12:09 AM)Jarz Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 08:47 PM)Jamster Wrote: No that simple. Posts like these do not help in any way.

Is it not as simple as left clicking the big blue "Join Server" icon?

If they can all be on V2D, they can be on V2P, so don't play that card.

It often comes down to motivation and if a staff-member is enjoying him/herself.
If an admin only comes online just to administrate while not enjoying himself, then this admin will very quickly grow tired of FLRP in general. I can speak from my own experiences that if ie I are to play on ie v2p for a few hours not because I want to, or because I'm having fun doing so, but because it's a task like ie homework, then that will lead to less motivation to do so in the future.

We aren't someone who just got an admin-button we can turn on. The motivation needs to be there. If we come on FL then it's also often because we are bored and want to enjoy ourselves while we're administrating. If we can't enjoy ourselves while we're administrating then it's more a hassle. It really kills the motivation.

This is atleast how it is for me.

It's easy to say "Urghhhh if I was an admin I'd administrate 24/7", but you have to remember that alot of us have been administrating for the past 1000+ hours ingame (not to count all the time we've spent on FL in general). Admins aren't some tools you can turn on. Need need to want to do their job, or it'll go downhill from there.

(Sorry for any spelling- or grammar-mistakes. Wrote in a hurry while administrating v2d ;) )
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 3 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Falcon, Duane, James_Gaff
George4Mod2K14
The following 3 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Falcon, James_Gaff, tmes2000
Andreas for admin
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

(06-27-2014, 04:22 AM)Andreas Wrote: Andreas for admin

lol #andreas4mod
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
#Falc4Mod2k14 Yus.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
If given the chance id do the job again in a heartbeat.

A man can dream.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(06-26-2014, 10:33 PM)BlackDog Wrote:

Not at all true, way back years ago a new player posted that the server needed more admins, within 24hrs soulripper was accepting applications with references in an open call on the forums, its because of this that me and elder got our chance to be on the team.

Personaly i think applications are still the best method to scout new talent as if you simply go by the people you know, your talent pool is nowhere near as large as it would be if you asked people to submit references, information and gave them a chance.

The risks of this method are even lower than they were 2-3 years ago as back then you instantly became an admin with full powers with a 1 week trial period, these days a person would be only made a mod with their limited powers and limited access if any access at all, no doubt with that same 1 week trial period.

Applications would turn into a feeding frenzy as from the moment the applications go public all applicants would be on their best (unrealistic) behaviour, as well as people would try to backstab each other at every corner.
The following 2 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • Flame, James_Gaff
Firstly, if this is going to be your view of acquiring new admins then how are we going to achieve new admins? Right now Fearless has/will always be in a crisis when it comes to admins. We have too little admins online. Currently, the only time I see an admin/mod online is at the time periods of the afternoon because of this we see no admins on during the day and because of this people are rendered useless to the wrath of RDM'ers or prop killers. Why? because if we do anything thats 'back seat administration'. It's not our fault you are not spending the time on the servers to look after them. You took the role of admins knowing fully that you should be on the servers yet you're not online when needed most.
Another point, is we only ever have 1/2 admins on at most and thats if we're lucky. Yes sometimes there is 3/4 admins on but they're only on for 30mins to 1 hour we shall seem them online.
Now, one of the reason for the little amount of admins on is due to the fact you're 'hiring' mods/admins at 1000 hours or above. Why? Why do you hire people that are 1000 hours +? This has no benefits, why I bring this point up is due to the fact that if you spend 1000 hours on a server that hardly gets updated and gets quite repetitive you'll get bored and because of this you'll be less wanting to play the server and thus your admin position will be useless. I arise and urge this point because we need more admins at the hours of 400-500 hours that know the rules because these are the players that are going to put the time into the servers. Don't say that they might not know the rules because you EXPECT people with 1-4 hours to know the rules which I gather from the bans issued to players. And don't also say that it's a trust issue because if it really is a trust issue you shouldn't be hiring because that means you'll only hire friends and we'll have just a friendship group pulling the strings.
Now, I know from posting this loads of admins will want to write some very powerful malarkey to over-sway my argument. But FL will not achieve anything if you keep going against those who try to improve the server...

-Ghost
(06-27-2014, 09:47 AM)DoomDude1 Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 10:33 PM)BlackDog Wrote:

Not at all true, way back years ago a new player posted that the server needed more admins, within 24hrs soulripper was accepting applications with references in an open call on the forums, its because of this that me and elder got our chance to be on the team.

Personaly i think applications are still the best method to scout new talent as if you simply go by the people you know, your talent pool is nowhere near as large as it would be if you asked people to submit references, information and gave them a chance.

The risks of this method are even lower than they were 2-3 years ago as back then you instantly became an admin with full powers with a 1 week trial period, these days a person would be only made a mod with their limited powers and limited access if any access at all, no doubt with that same 1 week trial period.

Applications would turn into a feeding frenzy as from the moment the applications go public all applicants would be on their best (unrealistic) behaviour, as well as people would try to backstab each other at every corner.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Duane
(06-27-2014, 11:13 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Currently, the only time I see an admin/mod online is at the time periods of the afternoon

That is completely wrong. Don't forget the different Timezones (GMT+*)

(06-27-2014, 11:13 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Now, one of the reason for the little amount of admins on is due to the fact you're 'hiring' mods/admins at 1000 hours or above. Why? Why do you hire people that are 1000 hours +?

Kpred became a mod with 7xx hours.