Meta / Awaiting Update So you want to be an officer....
(06-21-2014, 03:09 PM)Remen3 Wrote:
(06-21-2014, 09:52 AM)Mr. Davidson Wrote: It always surprising me, that in USA there is no warning shots and only shoot for kill. In Denmark all shoots fired by officers last year was warning shots.

Well, if you saw any of the police dash cam shootings you'll know why that there are no warning shots. An example of this is the police shoot-out with Deputy Kyle Dinkheller, poor guy didn't want to shoot the veteran as he retrieved his firearm from his truck instead giving him multiple verbal warnings but to no avail, ultimately leading to his death. The dash cam footage of the shoot-out with Dinkheller is now or was shown along with many other videos in Academies throughout America to prevent the same thing from happening.

Warning shots can actually backfire, motivating the criminal to further escalate the level of violence he's committing thinking the person who fired the weapon had the intentions of killing them but missed.

I actually saw that footage in a 10 day academy I went to and we went really indepth into it.

Messages In This Thread
So you want to be an officer.... - by Venom - 06-21-2014, 02:58 AM
RE: [Guide] So you want to be a officer.... - by Venom - 06-21-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: [Guide] So you want to be a officer.... - by User 12049 - 06-23-2014, 09:46 AM