Double accounting.
I dont know how this works but i just wanted to make sure i dont get banned for nothing.
How does double accounting work?
I live at two places, and one of these places i have a family member of mine playing Gmod aswell, and if he wanted to try CityRP, i wont get banned because of double accounting just because we are on the same IP right?
No, if, however, you tried to connect from the same computer account (e.g both on guest) then that would cause an IP based ban. Double accounting only applies if it is two alternate steam accounts on the same local IP (so same PC account).

Hope I helped Wink
(05-16-2014, 05:29 PM)Jamester Wrote: No, if, however, you tried to connect from the same computer account (e.g both on guest) then that would cause an IP based ban. Double accounting only applies if it is two alternate steam accounts on the same local IP (so same PC account).

Hope I helped Wink
So it is classed as double accounting if I was banned from one account, and went on a different account on the same PC will that be a ban, or same internet?
What are you doing on the roof? Oh wait that's an air conditioning unit. - Suarez 2k15
(05-16-2014, 05:35 PM)Audacter Wrote:
(05-16-2014, 05:29 PM)Jamester Wrote: No, if, however, you tried to connect from the same computer account (e.g both on guest) then that would cause an IP based ban. Double accounting only applies if it is two alternate steam accounts on the same local IP (so same PC account).

Hope I helped Wink

So it is classed as double accounting if I was banned from one account, and went on a different account on the same PC will that be a ban, or same internet?

If you have a perm ban (Or any kind) I think the automated code takes over and bans any account on the IP. I do believe thats how it works Smile
The only automated banning is if your banned then go on another account using steams family sharing feature
(05-16-2014, 07:19 PM)Temar Wrote: The only automated banning is if your banned then go on another account using steams family sharing feature

I do have family share, Ill just have to tell him to not go on CityRp then?
Whiles im banned, I got a 3 day bann for something stupid i did =P
Wich i regret.
Thank you for your help anyways, and thank you for responding.
Help and support provided to user.

This thread will be closed from further contributions.
Regards,
aviator