Change.
Hello members of the Fearless community,

For a while now we have all experienced a drop in FL's activity, from both the players and the staff members. I have made this thread to bring up a serious topic, which is the current playability of all servers. It used to be a fun experience, with administrators hopping on frequently, of course there were times without staff members on which is normal, staff can't be online 24/7 and I don't expect them to be either. However since the resignation of both supervising administrators I haven't had the great time that I used to have on the Fearless servers, I thought this was just temporary however it's been a month now and nothing has changed. I have even been avoiding times on the servers without staff members on. I find it very strange that no one has been given a chance to help out the community by moderating in the past month.

I think there really needs to be a change, right now, when it's still fully possible. Even when there was a staff member on some of the servers it still was chaos due to the amouth of rulebreakers that are always online. Fearless used to have way more staff members then it currently has and that had a very simple reason: because it was and still is needed. This has been such a huge problem that some of the most active Fearless members have left/are considering leaving the community.

Thank you for reading and I hope this problem will be adressed in the near future,

Jan.
I agree with Jan, when I was still active I saw moderator promotions and then within a week or 2 a new moderator to keep the servers actively administrated. But since the SA's left everything is going ALOT slower. I can still not say that I'm sorry they left but I DO think that things should keep running as before. Choose a new SA, or do everything alone. Kpred and myfloodify are now promoted and theres still a very inactive moderator now. I cannot really judge the staffs activity on the servers but well I trust jan's word. And there should be a change, a SA is needed in my opinion because soul isn't really THAT active and a talk-to on steam, but he of course has it's reasons. A community this big cant just be ran with 1 person in command, soul in this case. What FL needs is a active SA now which can manage both the promotions & the staff team, and of course the abuse threads which are now dying from dust. If FL keeps going like it is now the playerbase will decrease..

Oh and well, not to forget. The content of FL really really really needs a change. And I mean it REALLY does, players want dynamic gameplay and that's actually what I like too, new features should be added the models should be changed so that players keep turning back because FL is undergoing a change. I've joined FL since end 2012 and since then well not a lot has changed, actually maybe 5 things. Maybe get another coder? There are a lot which I know are good, take the suggestions from players and implement it instead of coding a family sharing feature, it's good don't get me wrong but there are other things to take care of so the players have fun, and in the end that's the most important thing in a community. So a TLCheeseR; for the last part, FL needs to change some of it's content, so not everything is getting dusty and boring but it stays fun.

This just my opinion Smile
The following 7 users Like Weecow's post:
  • Tawee, Hermeyyy, Blurr, Iraqi Eagle, Jordy, Mac The Orange Farmer, tmes2000
I agree guys, they have to put more staff members on. More staff means a better community
I certainly agree with Jan, my experience on FL has been more boring now as everything really is going slower. Not that many administrators are online, and of course I do not expect them to be online 24/7. So perhaps making new SA's would be better, so they could help Soul out with certain subjects. There are no moderators, the only moderator we have is very inactive to be honest. Not to judge, he can of course be busy with other stuff. Many good Fearless players even left the community because they do not find it as enjoyable as before. If this problem could be solved, the community would be like it always have been. Of course, that is my opinion.
[Image: 42Jeziq.png]
The following 4 users Like Iraqi Eagle's post:
  • Jan, Weecow, Mac The Orange Farmer, tmes2000
I respect your opinion Jan and I agree with it partially, I know it's frustratig that fearless hasn't been at its full strength at this current time, there are however reasons behind it. Firstly, my own inactivity is due to college exams. Other staff members I believe are in the same boat as me which has led to a decrease in staff activity. I do however hope to back and return to be administrative duties in the coming weeks.

Secondly, the point about moderator promotions.
(05-12-2014, 02:28 PM)Hermeyyy Wrote: I agree guys, they have to put more staff members on. More staff means a better community

This I do not agree with, having more staff members does not necessarily mean a better community. For a staff team to function well there needs to be cable, responsible and mature members who are willing to volunteer their time to help the community. Trying to find a suitable moderator candidate is a tricky business, since we need them to check all the boxes before we promote them.

As for the SA situation, all I can ask is that you remain patient, it will come.
The following 3 users Like Verzyn's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, Rylund, Hermeyyy
If there are no staff on, you can now request them in the fearless steam group. Otherwise just message one and they will most likely will come on. As Verzyn said, a lot of us have been occupied lately. And as for the SA and more staff, be patient.
Verzyn Wrote:Firstly, my own inactivity is due to college exams. Other staff members I believe are in the same boat as me which has led to a decrease in staff activity. I do however hope to back and return to be administrative duties in the coming weeks.

That's the time of the year, and that's true. But if you see it the other way the staff is still not active on v2p and on v33x and just on v2d. I can see that v33x and v2p are 2 big minge holes but well it's the administrators/moderators job to administrate it and turn it into a more playable environment. Some admins get frustrated on that server and well I can imagine that myself but shouldn't be a reason to let that server down and there should be more of an 'rule' to give those servers more attention aswell. Players like v33x but feel restricted to v2d because the admins are not that active on v33x and well it's kinda unplayable as a normal roleplayer.

Venom Wrote:If there are no staff on, you can now request them in the fearless steam group. Otherwise just message one and they will most likely will come on. As Verzyn said, a lot of us have been occupied lately

That sounds a little bit too easy for me, some of the staff are now in exams and I do respect that but even before it it wasn't that everyone was active. It should not be like "Alright, we have a admin/mod team and if you need one message so we can come on and ban minges!". That's not really how it should be, there should be an administrator to take a look on the servers once in a while, Fearless has a team of admins and mods and well I can't believe that most of the day no one is on because everyone is oh so busy, but again I respect that you all have things to take care of but you should be able to administrate the servers because that's why you became an administrator. If you have no time, resign and let an active member/mod or whatever take it over. But seriously Venom, requesting staff should be in times of when the server is an utter minge hole, not as an excuse that you can be off allday and say that no one requested you to come on.
(05-12-2014, 03:08 PM)Weecow Wrote:
Verzyn Wrote:Firstly, my own inactivity is due to college exams. Other staff members I believe are in the same boat as me which has led to a decrease in staff activity. I do however hope to back and return to be administrative duties in the coming weeks.

That's the time of the year, and that's true. But if you see it the other way the staff is still not active on v2p and on v33x and just on v2d. I can see that v33x and v2p are 2 big minge holes but well it's the administrators/moderators job to administrate it and turn it into a more playable environment. Some admins get frustrated on that server and well I can imagine that myself but shouldn't be a reason to let that server down and there should be more of an 'rule' to give those servers more attention aswell. Players like v33x but feel restricted to v2d because the admins are not that active on v33x and well it's kinda unplayable as a normal roleplayer.

Venom Wrote:If there are no staff on, you can now request them in the fearless steam group. Otherwise just message one and they will most likely will come on. As Verzyn said, a lot of us have been occupied lately

That sounds a little bit too easy for me, some of the staff are now in exams and I do respect that but even before it it wasn't that everyone was active. It should not be like "Alright, we have a admin/mod team and if you need one message so we can come on and ban minges!". That's not really how it should be, there should be an administrator to take a look on the servers once in a while, Fearless has a team of admins and mods and well I can't believe that most of the day no one is on because everyone is oh so busy, but again I respect that you all have things to take care of but you should be able to administrate the servers because that's why you became an administrator. If you have no time, resign and let an active member/mod or whatever take it over. But seriously Venom, requesting staff should be in times of when the server is an utter minge hole, not as an excuse that you can be off allday and say that no one requested you to come on.

This last paragraph gives the impression you think that; No admins should ever put their real life before the community.

At times of exams, you can't just tell an adminstrator to drop his exams to play Fearless. A-Levels will effect your job prospects for the rest of the life, just because you can't play FL for a period of time does not mean you just remove your self from the team, fullstop.

To address the point about just adding more staff, it's not just as simple as, picking any random player on the server and saying, here; take moderator. We hand pick them, and if the team doesn't deem anyone suitable for the position at the current time, then it wont just be handed out without consideration.
(05-12-2014, 04:27 PM)Pavilion Wrote:
(05-12-2014, 03:08 PM)Weecow Wrote:

This last paragraph gives the impression you think that; No admins should ever put their real life before the community.

At times of exams, you can't just tell an adminstrator to drop his exams to play Fearless. A-Levels will effect your job prospects for the rest of the life, just because you can't play FL for a period of time does not mean you just remove your self from the team, fullstop.

To address the point about just adding more staff, it's not just as simple as, picking any random player on the server and saying, here; take moderator. We hand pick them, and if the team doesn't deem anyone suitable for the position at the current time, then it wont just be handed out without consideration.

I'm never saying that putting Fearless before your real life is more important, I do say that you are an administrator which you choose to be so you do have to do your job. The exams are an important period and that's of course the most important thing and at that time you can be a bit more inactive, but from what I've seen is that before and after the exams administrators are still inactive, and that's just not right. When you choose to be a part time administrator then you need to do it and not just going inactive. And the last part for adding moderator to players, of course it's not easy to choose one but giving chances is always an possibility. You never know who is suitable, if a minge really wants to mass ban everyone he can act mature and eventually be promoted, but there are some silent people who are mature enough. Fearless is not a huge big business like Google or something. If you never give a chance you will miss the chances of great additions to the team
Exams. That's the reason why so many staff-members are currently occupied. I hop in on the server when I can, but I can't be around 24/7.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • Vauld