Does everything Carry over?
Hello fl!
So, I am due to purchase a desktop in June, and something I'm wondering is do my Steam games and account info carry over? I only ask as I've only ever used steam on my laptop and I don't want the $500 worth of games I've bought wasted Smile

Also I won't have any issues with FL due to switch PC I'm guessing? (I will of course be still using my [FL:RP] Barkles account)

Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry if I sound like a Newb!
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
Yes, generally speaking all your games and steam information will be on your new computer when you sign-in.

Of course, the games you will need to re-download all, but this is free. Also Steam preferences doesn't get carried over, like popup settings, chat settings, etc.

For FL you will need to re-download all the content from http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=5622
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Thank you very much for the comprehensive response!
Much appreciated! Smile

I just had this horrible nightmare of nothing working! Wink
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
(04-26-2014, 09:15 PM)Barkles Wrote: Thank you very much for the comprehensive response!
Much appreciated! Smile

I just had this horrible nightmare of nothing working! Wink

As soul said incredibly well it will be fine because its all saved and hosted through steams cloud network. Only textures and adds etc are saved to hard drive
If you have a external hard drive, backup da gamez on that. I don't think you have to download them but you definitely have to wait ages to back them up.
The following 1 user Likes Chech's post:
  • James_Gaff
The only thing I think you will loose are all the materials and etc which you've installed.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator