Information About *cough* virus
A lot of you may be wondering what is this *cough* virus everyone is talking about. Well i got one of my friends to send me a set of the infected files that were downloaded from fearless rp at some point why he was playing and i did a little research and here is what i found.
This virus uses lua files that a downloaded without permission from the steam workshop to force an update on all your game directory's. You may be wondering why this matters, its because if someone or something is granted access to change a directory they could just as easily change your password and use your account to infect others. With the files i received there were multiple files that were installed in gmods lua directory and from the looks of the code could have spread from gmod to, for example dayz or portal 2s directory's.
So check all your games directory's for the following file names and if you see these files anywhere else delete them

$R0CZ7Ot.acf
$R3SNG3A.acf
$R058AYA.acf
$R63WLS4.acf
$RAYI52S.acf
$RDITG3D.acf
$RDSDL6F.acf
$REZT5KI.acf
$RFDF7C4.acf
$RDUK64L.acf
$RFY5LFS.acf
$RGGA9HN.acf
$RI6VCMS.acf
$RIJ48RD.acf
$RJJGNCN.acf
$RK4L3NC.acf
$ROFUC3S.acf
$ROOR6YI.acf
$RRZY0ZJ.acf
$RSHBDI0.acf
$RT8DTB1.acf
$RVQ6WY7.acf
$RWNMIWZ.acf
$RWX3AUB.acf
$RXBLTTT.acf
appmanifest_620.acf
appmanifest_4000.acf
appmanifest_22380.acf
appmanifest_219640.acf

IF you delete the following and it messes something up do not hold me responsible again i have not been infected "yet" and these are not my files they came from my friends pc and i just studied them trusting they were part of the infection.
They seem harmful but until i look into it im trusting that my friend deleted the virus completely, and sent me all the files that were from there virus if you have any information i could use the help.

-AFRICAN

Another thing i did to be cautious is turn off auto updating in the gmod property's tab, just because the virus might be working like an auto update.
The following 2 users Like AFRICANwaterpark's post:
  • GucciGodRemix, Ivan Tempski
This is WAY more files then originally though, look at this link: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=45485. People are getting disinfected with only three files. Also file location on all of these would be nice.
Kind Regards,
tmes2000