How to delete the Garry's Mod virus
(04-19-2014, 07:35 AM)Jarz Wrote: Interesting. Thank you for the heads up. I seem to be virus free, however it's a shame Theomenz was on the unfortunately side.

Talking to him on steam, he fixed it Cheese
Is the virus completely gone now after this patch or do the ones that were infected still have it?
(04-19-2014, 08:25 AM)Jan Wrote: Is the virus completely gone now after this patch or do the ones that were infected still have it?

As I was not infected, I wouldn't know what it is like, but I believe, for the most part, that those previously infected, have either patched their client, or manually removed the exploits from their directories.

(04-19-2014, 08:30 AM)Falcon Wrote:
(04-19-2014, 08:25 AM)Jan Wrote: Is the virus completely gone now after this patch or do the ones that were infected still have it?

As I was not infected, I wouldn't know what it is like, but I believe, for the most part, that those previously infected, have either patched their client, or manually removed the exploits from their directories.

Love me 'dem run-on sentences. Smile
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
I don't have that .dll file, so I think I should not worry. I also scanned my computer, no infections were to be found.

Edit: I did that update too, so I think it should be fixed.

This is what Garry said:

Quote:I have put a patch out.

As far as I can tell, even though they had the ability to do potentially nastier things, they didn't actually do them. Which makes sense because their names were all over it so they'd probably have the FBI knocking on their doors.

The exploit seems to have been localized to when you were running Garry's Mod. I have made an attempt to clean up any files the exploit dropped, and made it so it wouldn't be able to load them even if they were still there.

Let me know if it has any problems/info.
[Image: 42Jeziq.png]

Well, I think the patch may have fixed it but there's no harm in seeing if you have those files still, just in case.
[Image: XiLkxQo.jpg]