Skype Calls?
So recently I came across some guys who were using Skype with each other, I asked if it was allowed and some people said "Yes it is allowed" and others said "No, it is meta gaming" this has got me a bit confused, is Skype calls allowed, as there is a Team Speak, or is it not allowed?
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander
Well, there are problematic things like, as a police officer: "Dude i got hostaged at MTL"
*Whole team of SRU arrives* that would be meta gaming.

There is no way to stop people from using third party communication programs, but everyone's gotta keep aware that logs will show, admins will know if you meta game and they will ban you for it.

Skype/Teamspeak is allowed, but probably better for a roleplay such as a bakery, pizzeria, or resturant to communicate close range with others without voice chat.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:59626040&b=13]

First Lieutenant A. Cloud
HMLA-37 'Gunrunners'
8th Marine Aircraft Wing
Task Force 91
The following 1 user Likes OztinCloud's post:
  • Tawee
You should not use third party communication programs to communicate in-character/in-game information. This includes Skype. Skype should not be used to give information such as what OztinCloud stated, "Dude I got hostaged at MTL".
This is called 'meta-gaming' and you should use the communication tools in the server to communicate with other players. Remember to not use OOC for in-character information - this too is meta-gaming.
Regards,
aviator
I think you are aloud to use TS3 but for a police radio and nothing else (e.g Cop 1 says:We need back up at MTL over. Cop 2 says:On my way i shall radio in for back up over) is that aloud ?
No it should all be done on the server.
Ohh ok Smile
Answers Provided, Closed.