Crashing when Console is open.
So I've been trying to play music over my mic using +Voicerecord command in console, but it appears whenever I open the console my gmod freezes, a white mouse cursor appears, and I am booted back to the Desktop.
Any other descriptions? That's not a lot to work with, I'm afraid.
(04-05-2014, 06:05 AM)Jarz Wrote: Any other descriptions? That's not a lot to work with, I'm afraid.

I'll log into FL and whenever I need to type a command in I'll either hit ` or F10. As soon as I do so the game freezes, a white cursor appears, and after 2 seconds it crashes to desktop with no error report. The weird thing is this only applies to FL. Sandbox and Single Player works fine.
I have the same issue.
The following 1 user Likes Verzyn's post:
  • TedInternationalLover
Could you both check to see if this happens on other servers other than FL?
(04-05-2014, 05:36 PM)Jarz Wrote: Could you both check to see if this happens on other servers other than FL?

It doesn't. I'll go into Single Player and it works, I'll go on a Sandbox server and it works.
Yeah I'm actually having these crashes too... Whenever I'm on Fearless and I press escape while the console is open GMod just closes and crashes Sad
Interesting. Do not know if this will be insulting both of your intelligences, however try verifying the cache, it never hurts.
Is there an error message that comes up when you crash? Check in the Gmod local files..
Open task manager then: Go Event Logger > Application Logger (something in that way) refresh it a few times and find the crashed hl2.exe double click and copy paste the text to here so I can see whats really wrong.
(04-06-2014, 10:23 PM)Weecow Wrote: Open task manager then: Go Event Logger > Application Logger (something in that way) refresh it a few times and find the crashed hl2.exe double click and copy paste the text to here so I can see whats really wrong.

I am unable to find Event Logger under Task Manager. I run Windows 7. Do you mean Event Viewer?

EDIT: I've found the crash logs, but I do not know what program I use to view them. Notepad just shows garbled messages.