Virtual Audio Cable
Hello guys, I've recently bought a new laptop and it seems to not have Stereo Mix. I've heard that Virtual Audio Cable is somewhat better but I do not know any download links which I can trust, or how to use it.

I'm looking for 2 solutions;
  • How to gather Stereo Mix
  • A safe download link to Virtual Audio Cable and a small introduction on how to use it

If anybody could help, that would be great.

Thank you
You need a sound card, a physical pc part.
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
Virtual Audio Cable will not give you a stereomix, but can allow you to set a programs audio output to a 'artificial' input device, and then make a 'artificial' mic device, that plays that. You probably didn't understand that, I suck at explaining.

As for somewhere to download the full version? Ehm... Not really legal.

Protip: Use Equalify if you want to play music to VAC straight from Spotify.
The following 1 user Likes Joykill's post:
  • Wood
I have a rar file that contains everything you need to setup VAC (autoexec file, foobar2000 and virtual audio cable itself) Add me on steam if you want anything
When I bought my pc I didn't have Stereomix either, I just downloaded these drivers: Click here
Maybe it works for you too.
VAC is an alternative to stereo mix.. obviously Virtual Audio Card, will work always.
I downloaded vac, not saying i did it legal not saying i didnt, aslong as you keep your antivirus uptodate and grab an not super new download there souldend be any troubles, i suggest using a trial sound fix if you dont want to buy it.

When u have it this is a setup i recomment:

Mic to line1. /
Line1 to line2. \ mic to line 2 direcly doesnt work for some reason
Line 3 to line2
Line3 to speakers (so you hear the music)

Line 2 has to be your output to steam
Line 3 is your output from foobar2000

Btw, does any1 know how to use hotkeys whit foobar?

Using stereo mix allowes you to strem from youtube but then u have to mute your gmod Sad

And rain its illigal to give out coppys of it, just saying you could get trouble
I have line 1 set to default on my pc, steam voice to line 1, foobar to line 1, and then an autoexec file that binds pagedown in gmod to mic so you/everyone can hear the sound. I then have foobar binds f6 to play/pause music and f7 to stop music
Rain doest create that a loop?
I would gladly teach you how to use Vac+Winamp And control it in game the volume and music. All you will have to do is add me Smile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198096420667/ Also you will need Teamviewer I don't really like explaining blabla to much work Smile
Kind Regards
Lucifer, your private demon.