Ban Request - chocbar98
I didn't say that you were lying about the story. I'm saying that the first part of all of this is bias and slanted in your favour however if there was proof via media I feel that all of this would be portrayed differently. And it doesn't show a full story having half of what's going on. He shot at your car the first time which were warning shots and you decided to come back. Whether that was to record it or what it's still fear RP that's just like saying someone has randomly hostaged you. It still means you need to follow fear RP even if it's random. You shouldn't have came back but without video evidence I can't prove you were even there in the first place. That's why this story is very slanted in your favour. Chocbar simply escalated his method of getting you away from that document.
To sum it up : You came back knowing full well that he had a gun and that he wasn't afraid to use it which in my eyes is a clear violation of Fear RP, how can you argue that that isn't fear RP? "I was trying to record you". You knew we would have done something if you came back. That's why you did it but we gave you a clear warning not to return.
Quote:There was absolutely no indication beforehand you would open fire over a note. The only warning we received was being shot at as we left. Dave decided to repeat what we did while recording in order to capture evidence of you chasing people down the street with automatic weapons over a note.

By stating that, you were therefore admit to breaking FearRP by returning to an area in which you were physically warned, by gunshot followed by the note being snatched back by Scotch Mc Greg. Isn't that enough to convey a warning that you were walking into trouble?

Additionally, by stating that, you also admit to harassing us and our roleplay, due to the fact you were trying to aggravate in-order to obtain evidence, to produce a biased, one-sided ban request in your favor.

Quote:You're free to collect evidence of our apparent harassment, and post a ban request.

Happily. Your video is enough evidence to contradict yourself. You are clearly seen mocking both me and Scotch Mc Greg through Steam chat. Here are some quotes made by Dr Tosspot in your videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-pIZmk17sw
"they're harassing me."
"they asked when my shop was opening"
"pls b& them Sad(((" -- Clearly showing your REAL intentions towards us.

Additionally, to prove the fact that you have been harassing both me and Scotch Mc Greg, Scotch Mc Greg acquired a screenshot clearly showing you threatening him in OOC, and clearly shows your attitudes towards us.

[Image: r4dWsxs.png]

Finally, and most primarily, at the end of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-pIZmk17sw
You stated "- scotch mcgregg 2k14", which was his old Steam name, therefore showing your past involvements and your grudges held against us.

Unfortunately, it seems as if your own evidence proves plenty against you.

P.S. Unlike you, we intend to roleplay and enjoy our time on the Fearless servers, instead playing undercover administrator, aggravating scenarios to obtain evidence for ban requests. I would far rather get on with conducting roleplay scenarios, rather than ruining other people's experiences.
I can confirm:
I was a part of the Bermuda at the time, and will pledge that the Fish Market guy, the guy in question (chocbar98) did not RDM. The fact file was property of the Bermuda, and stealing from the Corleone/Bermuda is clearly going to get you in trouble. The fish market guys were actually our neighbours, as we lived across the road, and they were hiding us from the police at a time. We were their friends, and when the file was stolen they were however just protecting us as our neighbour and friend and were not rdming. After all, as already said, stealing from Corleone/Bermuda is going to get you in trouble IRL.
(02-18-2014, 02:51 PM)Charlie4kwl Wrote: I didn't say that you were lying about the story. I'm saying that the first part of all of this is bias and slanted in your favour however if there was proof via media I feel that all of this would be portrayed differently. And it doesn't show a full story having half of what's going on. He shot at your car the first time which were warning shots and you decided to come back. Whether that was to record it or what it's still fear RP that's just like saying someone has randomly hostaged you. It still means you need to follow fear RP even if it's random. You shouldn't have came back but without video evidence I can't prove you were even there in the first place. That's why this story is very slanted in your favour. Chocbar simply escalated his method of getting you away from that document.
To sum it up : You came back knowing full well that he had a gun and that he wasn't afraid to use it which in my eyes is a clear violation of Fear RP, how can you argue that that isn't fear RP? "I was trying to record you". You knew we would have done something if you came back. That's why you did it but we gave you a clear warning not to return.
Are you trying to say our description of events are different to what occured? We walked into your shop, picked up an unfrozen clipboard with a generic name, and walked out, to be greeted with a hail of automatic gunfire, shooting both me and my vehicle down to below half health(and which would presumably have killed me had I not exited the vehicle, since Chocbar almost certainly fired a full magazine at me).

Dave decided to repeat it after in order to record your extremely aggressive reaction, and was killed instantly without warning(other than your "warning shots" earlier which could be very easily said to be a failed attempt to kill me, rather than a "warning")

(02-18-2014, 05:19 PM)Chocbar98 Wrote:
Quote:There was absolutely no indication beforehand you would open fire over a note. The only warning we received was being shot at as we left. Dave decided to repeat what we did while recording in order to capture evidence of you chasing people down the street with automatic weapons over a note.

By stating that, you were therefore admit to breaking FearRP by returning to an area in which you were physically warned, by gunshot followed by the note being snatched back by Scotch Mc Greg. Isn't that enough to convey a warning that you were walking into trouble?

Additionally, by stating that, you also admit to harassing us and our roleplay, due to the fact you were trying to aggravate in-order to obtain evidence, to produce a biased, one-sided ban request in your favor.

Quote:You're free to collect evidence of our apparent harassment, and post a ban request.

Happily. Your video is enough evidence to contradict yourself. You are clearly seen mocking both me and Scotch Mc Greg through Steam chat. Here are some quotes made by Dr Tosspot in your videos.

"they're harassing me."

Additionally, to prove the fact that you have been harassing both me and Scotch Mc Greg, Scotch Mc Greg acquired a screenshot clearly showing you threatening him in OOC, and clearly shows your attitudes towards us.

Finally, and most primarily, at the end of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-pIZmk17sw
You stated "- scotch mcgregg 2k14", which was his old Steam name, therefore showing your past involvements and your grudges held against us.

P.S. Unlike you, we intend to roleplay and enjoy our time on the Fearless servers, instead playing undercover administrator, aggravating scenarios to obtain evidence for ban requests. I would far rather get on with conducting roleplay scenarios, rather than ruining other people's experiences.

Unless you're trying to imply we were spending the entire time attempting to aggravate you, please stop dragging this off topic by claiming we were harassing you(as you seem to be trying to imply by saying that we always apparently ruin your roleplay scenarios). If you think you and Scotch are being harassed by us, post a separate ban request with evidence.
We weren't playing "undercover administrator", we took the clipboard with no intentions of directly provoking anyone, and we felt your response could very easily be considered RDM, or overly aggressive roleplay, hence Dave repeated what I did while recording to capture evidence of your response. You and Scotch keep implying that we do not have enough evidence to show the whole story, and then complain that collecting evidence by repeating what we did(without directly violating any rules) is "aggravating scenarios".

(02-18-2014, 05:31 PM)lewisb98 Wrote: I can confirm:
I was a part of the Bermuda at the time, and will pledge that the Fish Market guy, the guy in question (chocbar98) did not RDM. The fact file was property of the Bermuda, and stealing from the Corleone/Bermuda is clearly going to get you in trouble. The fish market guys were actually our neighbours, as we lived across the road, and they were hiding us from the police at a time. We were their friends, and when the file was stolen they were however just protecting us as our neighbour and friend and were not rdming. After all, as already said, stealing from Corleone/Bermuda is going to get you in trouble IRL.

There was no hint from the shop, or the clipboard, of any direct link to criminal activity. We had not heard of the Bermuda, both IC and OOC. The first thing that sprung to my mind personally when I saw it was a fact file on the Bermuda islands. Even if we are expected to constantly be aware of the various generic unofficial factions players have created, to roleplay accordingly would be almost certainly be metagaming, as the vast majority of the time(such as in this case) our only awareness of them would be through the scoreboard.
Also, if this fact file was so important, why was it left on the front desk of a public shop you were welcoming anyone into, if you were going to go after people with deadly intentions(keeping in mind doing similar things have gotten players banned for encouraging aggressive roleplay).
(02-18-2014, 06:43 PM)VallyTeacake Wrote: There was no hint from the shop, or the clipboard, of any direct link to criminal activity. We had not heard of the Bermuda, both IC and OOC.
That is an evident lie. The note stated "The Bermuda FactFile" and on-top of that, the Bermuda mafia were clearly shown in one of ilmon3y's screenshots.
[Image: t52ivbX.jpg]
Therefore, you knew clearly that the Bermuda Mafia existed. Ignorance towards that fact is your own fault in this scenario, and therefore I can blame you for the consequences entirely.
Pay attention to detail, my time spent on the server had increased in this snippet compared to the video, meaning that this was well after the incident had occurred.
Thumbs Down 
(02-18-2014, 08:00 PM)ilmon3y Wrote: Pay attention to detail, my time spent on the server had increased in this snippet compared to the video, meaning that this was well after the incident had occurred.

That does not change anything. You knew full well that the Bermuda Mafia existed, regardless of time.

To reinforce this, Lewisb98 stated that:
Quote:"I was a part of the Bermuda at the time, and will pledge that the Fish Market guy, the guy in question (chocbar98) did not RDM. The fact file was property of the Bermuda, and stealing from the Corleone/Bermuda is clearly going to get you in trouble. The fish market guys were actually our neighbours, as we lived across the road, and they were hiding us from the police at a time. We were their friends, and when the file was stolen they were however just protecting us as our neighbour and friend and were not rdming. After all, as already said, stealing from Corleone/Bermuda is going to get you in trouble IRL."

The described pact was established before the incident regarding the note occurred.

This therefore shows that you are now attempting to lie on the courthouse, (which is an offence) due to the fact that you are creating excuses such as
Quote:"my time spent on the server had increased in this snippet compared to the video"
to try to cover up the fact that you were:

a) Ignorant towards the fact that the Bermuda Mafia existed, and that you had stolen from an aggressive RP

b)Attempting to disrupt or ruin our roleplay scenario by aggravating a situation after being warned twice.

In response to VallyTeaCake:
Quote:why was it left on the front desk of a public shop you were welcoming anyone into, if you were going to go after people with deadly intentions(keeping in mind doing similar things have gotten players banned for encouraging aggressive roleplay).
By looking at the video, you can clearly see that the note was not "left on the front desk of a public shop" and was hidden behind the counter, on the floor. When filmed, it is clear that the person stealing the note had to crouch and sneak behind the desk in order to obtain it. This would not be conducted by an ordinary civilian, or in your case, a "Pikey". [u]You had solely brought the consequences upon yourself.

Furthermore, our roleplay was clearly aggressive, but by your description, we did not
Quote:go after people with deadly intentions.
To clarify, we had taken an SRU unit hostage at the time of the occurrence, in an attempt to liaise with the government to permit the Bermuda Family's presence. We did not randomly attack our customers or 'RDM' anyone.

During the roleplay, many customers had walked in, with the note tucked behind the desk, without having to mingegrab it, leaving the store with the impression of a suspicious (or 'fishy') fish store. It was only this one 'coincidental' occurrence, in which the note was stolen. You clearly aggravated the situation and resulted in your own death.

Moreover, I should mention that your actions within the game come under the jurisdiction of metagaming, due to the fact that you had decided to suddenly forget the roleplay scenario
Quote:and return[ed] after to take it again(while recording to get proof of their aggression over a clipboard)
showing that you initiated a mingegrab whilst recording using FRAPS for the purpose of a prejudiced ban request. This would not be accepted by any member of the Fearless Community in that circumstance, therefore your case against any person regarding the roleplay is nul and void.
I wasn't bypassing any rules or RP to obtain the evidence collected. When I entered the store, the same storekeeper that was there the first time politely welcomed me in. He never exclaimed that I was blatantly breaking Fear RP, nor were you for that matter. Or that I 'minge-grabbed' the note after "being warned twice". The instance I picked up the note was what triggered your aggressive reaction, which was simply without merit.

Also, the note was clearly sitting on top on the desk when DrTosspot went inside the first time. I watched through the doorway from outside then entered the truck as we were leaving.
(02-18-2014, 06:43 PM)VallyTeacake Wrote:
(02-18-2014, 02:51 PM)Charlie4kwl Wrote: I didn't say that you were lying about the story. I'm saying that the first part of all of this is bias and slanted in your favour however if there was proof via media I feel that all of this would be portrayed differently. And it doesn't show a full story having half of what's going on. He shot at your car the first time which were warning shots and you decided to come back. Whether that was to record it or what it's still fear RP that's just like saying someone has randomly hostaged you. It still means you need to follow fear RP even if it's random. You shouldn't have came back but without video evidence I can't prove you were even there in the first place. That's why this story is very slanted in your favour. Chocbar simply escalated his method of getting you away from that document.
Are you trying to say our description of events are different to what occured? We walked into your shop, picked up an unfrozen clipboard with a generic name, and walked out, to be greeted with a hail of automatic gunfire, shooting both me and my vehicle down to below half health(and which would presumably have killed me had I not exited the vehicle, since Chocbar almost certainly fired a full magazine at me).

Dave decided to repeat it after in order to record your extremely aggressive reaction, and was killed instantly without warning(other than your "warning shots" earlier which could be very easily said to be a failed attempt to kill me, rather than a "warning")

(02-18-2014, 05:19 PM)Chocbar98 Wrote:

"they're harassing me."

Unless you're trying to imply we were spending the entire time attempting to aggravate you, please stop dragging this off topic by claiming we were harassing you(as you seem to be trying to imply by saying that we always apparently ruin your roleplay scenarios). If you think you and Scotch are being harassed by us, post a separate ban request with evidence.
We weren't playing "undercover administrator", we took the clipboard with no intentions of directly provoking anyone, and we felt your response could very easily be considered RDM, or overly aggressive roleplay, hence Dave repeated what I did while recording to capture evidence of your response. You and Scotch keep implying that we do not have enough evidence to show the whole story, and then complain that collecting evidence by repeating what we did(without directly violating any rules) is "aggravating scenarios".

(02-18-2014, 05:31 PM)lewisb98 Wrote: I can confirm:

There was no hint from the shop, or the clipboard, of any direct link to criminal activity. We had not heard of the Bermuda, both IC and OOC. The first thing that sprung to my mind personally when I saw it was a fact file on the Bermuda islands. Even if we are expected to constantly be aware of the various generic unofficial factions players have created, to roleplay accordingly would be almost certainly be metagaming, as the vast majority of the time(such as in this case) our only awareness of them would be through the scoreboard.
Also, if this fact file was so important, why was it left on the front desk of a public shop you were welcoming anyone into, if you were going to go after people with deadly intentions(keeping in mind doing similar things have gotten players banned for encouraging aggressive roleplay).

Please be aware that I was not attacking you by this, but simply defending the suspected rulebreakers with the legit reason of why they had killed you. I understand that you were not aware of this, although however you did walk into a store (fish market) and stole something, whether it be fish or an RP fact file.

I do however overall believe that this Ban Request is going no-where.
There is not substantial evidence to prove a rulebreak.
So, I am suggesting that it is just closed and put in the past, as this seems rather pointless and clearly it was just some sort of RP misunderstanding.
Would I be excused for killing someone stealing a fish then?

It's the principle that's in debate here, I've seen people getting banned for killing others over measly things that are similar to this (killing a cop because he arrested a friend, killing someone over an insult, taking something that doesn't require effort to be re-obtained etc). It's considered RDM. Especially, in this case, if the victim was unarmed.