What is FearRP?
Thanks for the reply. It's a lot more clear now. Thanks for saying what is and what isn't possible!
In my opinion, the only way you learn is to be banned.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
Thank you, it's extremely needed and i'm pretty much surprised that one, apparently experienced player didn't know about that.
Short but good 101 for those who struggle with that subject, which is a lot of people.

Good work.
(02-05-2014, 04:46 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: "The police would charge a building with hostages IRL"

And the list goes on. Needless to say, these are all wrong.

This one isnt exactly a wrong answer depending on the situation, if a person or group has say 6 people as hostages and the takers openly shoot one in the head to make a point or for anyother reason, the SWAT team might decide they have to act to save as many as they can as quickly as they can to prevent the situation from getting worse

This has been seen in countless situations, though usualy only after they decide to start killing hostages.

One of the most well known is the Iranian Embassy siege:

"The Iranian Embassy siege took place from 30 April to 5 May 1980, after a group of six armed men stormed the Iranian embassy in South Kensington, London. The gunmen took 26 people hostage—mostly embassy staff, but several visitors and a police officer, who had been guarding the embassy, were also held. The hostage-takers, members of an Iranian Arab group campaigning for Arab national sovereignty in the southern region of Khūzestān Province, demanded the release of Arab prisoners from jails in Khūzestān and their own safe passage out of the United Kingdom.

The British government quickly resolved that safe passage would not be granted, and a siege ensued. Over the following days, police negotiators secured the release of five hostages in exchange for minor concessions, such as the broadcasting of the hostage-takers' demands on British television.

By the sixth day of the siege the gunmen had become increasingly frustrated at the lack of progress in meeting their demands. That evening, they killed one of the hostages and threw his body out of the embassy. As a result, the British government ordered the Special Air Service (SAS), a special forces regiment of the British Army, to conduct an assault to rescue the remaining hostages.

Shortly afterwards, soldiers abseiled from the roof of the building and forced entry through the windows. During the 17-minute raid, the SAS rescued all but one of the remaining hostages, and killed five of the six terrorists."

Though if i can get some clarification , in a situation like the above, could the SRU move in to attempt to rescue the remaining hostages?
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
When shots are fired at a hostage or Officer I always start the raid, negotiations are off.
It has never yet happened to me, but say someone is mugging me. They put a gun to my head and tell me to give them $10,000 I tell them in local OOC that the max is 500, they don't listen. Do I not give them the money? Or do I give them the money then post a BR. And If I do post a BR will I get the money back?
Like my post? Click Here To give me rep!
(02-12-2014, 04:55 PM)underatedstar Wrote: It has never yet happened to me, but say someone is mugging me. They put a gun to my head and tell me to give them $10,000 I tell them in local OOC that the max is 500, they don't listen. Do I not give them the money? Or do I give them the money then post a BR. And If I do post a BR will I get the money back?

You can always RP that you have X amount of money.
understood! Smile Thanks.
Like my post? Click Here To give me rep!
"I dont need to fearRP cuz im not afraid of dying"

Oh the excuses I've heard.

Glad you made this thread. Will hopefully help people with understanding this very crucial rule
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator