Is demotion a valid reason to raid?
hi recently as president i was raided and killed because i had demoted someone from sru (he had been taunting a man i was trying to talk to,i wont go into detail but he was being quite horrible to him) there was no other reason for him to raid me as taxes were low, and the laws were fair (at least noone said that they werent and i had been pres for quite a while with no other raid attempts) so is demotion a valid reason to raid? Considering it wasnt a random demote.
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
No, unless it was a different person raiding and not him due to the NLR rule.
Kind regards,
Tmdirtbike.
If I remember correctly, being demoted does NOT invoke NLR as it doesn't make any sense from an rp perspective.
(01-22-2014, 11:56 PM)Teh Time Rider Wrote: If I remember correctly, being demoted does NOT invoke NLR as it doesn't make any sense from an rp perspective.

I believe that the only part of this that applies is not remembering access codes for fading doors into the nexus and the like. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke
(09-24-2013, 03:33 PM)Narc Wrote: NLR applies when you start a new life, you do NOT when you receive a demotion. It is a bad idea to initiate an attack on the government for the lone reason that you have been demoted by your overhead.
Found the official ruling, it speaks pretty clearly in my mind.
The following 1 user Likes Teh Time Rider's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy
Ok thank you for that, unfortunately i dont have any proof on it, it hapened too quickly but i now know that i could post a BR on it
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
(01-23-2014, 06:03 AM)BlackForestAdam Wrote: Ok thank you for that, unfortunately i dont have any proof on it, it hapened too quickly but i now know that i could post a BR on it

Without any proof my friend you're unable to do so.
Or am I misunderstanding something? I guess it doesn't really matter.
I'm glad your question could get answered.
Please refer to the Rules FAQ for questions regarding the rules of CityRP. The Rules FAQ can be found here: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=37778

The general answer to your question is as follows:

Narcotic Wrote:If a Police Officer gets demoted, can he then, as a citizen. set a custom job as a Police Veteran or Police Rebel and attack the governement because he got demoted ? Or is that NLR ?

Answer:

Spoiler :
NLR applies when you start a new life, you do NOT when you receive a demotion. It is a bad idea to initiate an attack on the government for the lone reason that you have been demoted by your overhead.

Also, for everyone who replied; please wait for a staff member to respond with an official answer as many of the answers say different things from each other, leaving the OP in a more confused state. Thank you for all for wanting to be helpful though! Smile