Questions from a gmod noob
Hey guys,
I have recently bought Gmod and really enjoy playing it, but somehow I have encountered some problems with the server.

When I first tried to join the server (didn't knew that you needed addons), it took me ages to connect, and when it did I was stuck for 1 sec then my gmod just crashed. Tried to join again in the same day but then somehow I download the contents repeatedly.

Then yesterday, I have added addons you needed for the server, and when I tried to join the server I got stuck in 'Retrieving Server Info' part and then about 20 secs later, my gmod just crashes. (v2d) Tried it again and again but it never worked.

Today, got another addon for the map v33, but all the server were full so I couldn't really test out if it worked or not.

Yes, I did read all the forum to find out the solution, but either I didn't understand what to do or I did the steps wrong.

Please, I seriously want to join the server as it sounds very fun and I usually like RP.
Try putting both zipped and unzipped FL content folders in addon, and the maps in the maps folder. I'll think on another solution until then.
I'll try that right now...

EDIT - *sigh* Not working. Thanks for the suggestion though. Still not sure how I was able to join before I added maps, addons and the CS: S texture. Adding on, I use Mac.
If you have problems connecting to the server you should try first opening a singleplayer session and then joining the server from there.
Tried that while I was testing what Jarz said to do. But I'll try again just in case.
(01-12-2014, 03:46 AM)Surrender Wrote: In Steam, right click on Garry's Mod -> Properties -> General -> Set launch options..., and add in the following line.
Code:
+ r_hunkalloclightmaps 0
Click OK, and then retry by click here.
*This is from another thread

Apparently, this helped me pass through Retrieving Server Info part, but now my gmod crashes at Downloading maps/graphs/rp_evocity_v33.ani

I am going to try removing all the addons (except flcontent) and restarting my computer, but I still do need some suggestions.

Fixed. Deleted all my addons and I could joined the server. But now the server kind of lags every 5 seconds and sometimes it just crashes :/
A small tweak to the launch options fixed my recent problems.

Right click Gmod in library > Properties > Set Launch Options > Throw in this bit of code. -dxlevel 81

Picture for reference:

[Image: a00cb831c62edd308d1e5ed15f5645c2.png]
I tried using those codes to see if that wouldn't make me crash, but nope. Everytime I join I stay for like 10 sec (1 min at most) and then my gmod just crashes.
Hello?
I still need some help here :/