Crash on Join [v33x]
Recently, I have had trouble with connecting to the v33x server. I have looked at, and tried, SoulRippers suggestions on the thread he made about common problems. So far I have managed to get to 'Sending Client Info...' and then it crashes.
I would be very grateful if anyone could help solve, or direct me to a thread with the same issue that has been answered.
Thanks!
By "crash" do you mean Garry's Mod suddenly closes, or your disconnected from the server?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
(01-09-2014, 10:37 PM)Trevor Jackson Wrote: By "crash" do you mean Garry's Mod suddenly closes, or your disconnected from the server?
Game suddenly closes. No 'hl2.exe has stopped working' pop-up. Just closes.
Have you done the basic debug stuff, like validating cache, etc? Maybe removing all addons except for the FL content?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

(01-10-2014, 11:06 PM)Trevor Jackson Wrote: Have you done the basic debug stuff, like validating cache, etc? Maybe removing all addons except for the FL content?
I have completely removed Garrys Mod and all extra addons other than the flcontent pack and and packs to fix textures. Still no luck though.
So it's just FL? You can connect to other Gmod servers fine?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

In Steam, right click on Garry's Mod -> Properties -> General -> Set launch options..., and add in the following line.
Code:
+ r_hunkalloclightmaps 0
Click OK, and then retry by click here.
I'm not the most active around here, but feel free to send a PM if you need help!

This is my exact problem i've been having but with all servers. I posted my solution in another thread.. I'll copy it over.

(01-12-2014, 11:15 AM)Dryblood Wrote: A small tweak to the launch options fixed my recent problems.

Right click Gmod in library > Properties > Set Launch Options > Throw in this bit of code. -dxlevel 81

Picture for reference:

[Image: a00cb831c62edd308d1e5ed15f5645c2.png]
I had a similar problem with v33x, It would load the server and crash the entire Garry's mod application, returning me to the desktop. My solution in the end was to always start a new game of Garrysmod on a single play map such as gm_construct before connecting to the v33x fearless server.
(01-12-2014, 03:30 AM)Trevor Jackson Wrote: So it's just FL? You can connect to other Gmod servers fine?
I can join other servers, yes. It seems to be just FL servers that make me crash :/

(01-12-2014, 03:46 AM)Surrender Wrote: In Steam, right click on Garry's Mod -> Properties -> General -> Set launch options..., and add in the following line.
Code:
+ r_hunkalloclightmaps 0
Click OK, and then retry by click here.
I have tried that and I still crash. I also tried DryBloods solution, which didn't work either.
It went straight to 'Downloading... maps/graphs/rp_evocityv33x' then it crashes.